LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

David Amerson CB N.C. State.

I'm hoping that we draft this guy as our next FS. He has proven to be a ballhawk (13 picks his sophomore year) and he has great size and speed. He played corner, but has experience at safety. He might even be better suited to play FS than CB. He's on top of my wish list for our next FS, followed by Eric Reid.
Does he remind anyone else of Ed Reed in that highlight video? On some of his interceptions the way he gets hang time and glides up into the air to pick a ball off at its highest point reminds me a lot of the interceptions I've seen from Ed Reed. Not saying he's Ed Reed tho...
I like him for our goldson replacement in late 2nd
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I like him too, he is a pick machine. Since we won't be able to get Eric Reid in 1st, Amerson will be the best DB pick for us.
This guy is better than Reid
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd like to get them both. Reid at #31 and Emerson at #61.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iLL49er:
This guy is better than Reid

Well, 2 different types of players. Reid is a very aggressive and physical hard hitter, in fact some analysts say he is almost too aggressive. Amerson is more of an INT guy. In any case, Reid is a safety while Amerson is a CB. But, can consider switching positions if needed.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

I would pick a WR in Justin Hunter for 31st. In any case, Eric Reid will be gone by 31st.
Originally posted by Rascal:

I would pick a WR in Justin Hunter for 31st. In any case, Eric Reid will be gone by 31st.

When did Reid become a first rounder? ?? Everything I've seen N read say mid second round ....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Rascal, I'd love to draft Hunter at #31, too, but they're not going to do it. Maybe a DaRick Rogers in the 3rd is where they might go for a receiver. Plus, Hunter might not even be available at #31, anyways.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM ]

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

When did Reid become a first rounder? ?? Everything I've seen N read say mid second round ....

Charley Casserly, Bucky Brooks, Charles Davis, Rob Rang, Will Brinson to name a few. A lot of analysts have always had Reid as a 1st rounder, well towards the end of the 1st mainly.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

He's always been a first rounder, tat. Early second at worst.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Rascal, I'd love to draft Hunter at #31, too, but they're not going to do it. Maybe a DaRick Rogers in the 3rd is where they might go for a receiver. Plus, Hunter might not even be available at #31, anyways.

I don't know, I am just praying. If they can invite Tavon Austin for a visit, there might still be hope for Justin Hunter. Here is my question, you know when they invited Aldon Smith and AJ Jenkins for a visit, was it known to the public then ? The problem is I am yet to hear any news of a visit for Justin Hunter. It could well be they might want to keep things low profile as we did have scouts at the Tennesse Pro-day. Justin Hunter is borderline bottom 1st and top of 2nd, you will never know. But, I am worried about no news about a visit when we are meeting with other WRs such as Tavon Austin, Keenan Allen, Tyrone Goard, Quinton Patton and Robert Woods.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I don't know, I am just praying. If they can invite Tavon Austin for a visit, there might still be hope for Justin Hunter. Here is my question, you know when they invited Aldon Smith and AJ Jenkins for a visit, was it known to the public then ? The problem is I am yet to hear any news of a visit for Justin Hunter. It could well be they might want to keep things low profile as we did have scouts at the Tennesse Pro-day. Justin Hunter is borderline bottom 1st and top of 2nd, you will never know. But, I am worried about no news about a visit when we are meeting with other WRs such as Tavon Austin, Keenan Allen, Tyrone Goard, Quinton Patton and Robert Woods.

They may have something scheduled, but they've just haven't announced it. Just because he doesn't come in doesn't mean they won't draft him.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
They may have something scheduled, but they've just haven't announced it. Just because he doesn't come in doesn't mean they won't draft him.

I sure hope so !!
Share 49ersWebzone