There are 226 users in the forums

Chance Warmack our future Center?

Actually, I'd put my money on Looney...he's a big, nasty interior OL and very intelligent, a prerequisite for playing C. Niner fans didn't get to see him play last year, but make no mistake, this guy's a beast. You don't average over 10 pancake blocks a game (senior season at WF) unless you play with physicality and attitude. Having both him and Kilgore likely means we don't need to draft another interior OL, unless it's for depth...a swing OT, yes.
I would like a center but we can go with one in the 4th or 5th RD Baca from UCLA or Jones from Ohio st
Originally posted by mebemused:
If by chance, Chance Warmack falls to 31, and he was in the top ten on your draft board, it would be very hard to pass on him if you are drafting best player available.

Sure Looney or Kilgore might be journeymen centers, but Warmack like Lupati, has a chance to be something special. Can you imagine the strength of our interior line if Warmack and Lupati lined up shoulder to shoulder?

Lastly, with success comes the reality that you can't retain all your talent and stay under the salary cap. If we can't re-sign Lupati, than Warmack continues after Lupati leaves and the interior of our O-line still is dominant.

I don't know if I am more irritated by the reference of Looney as a journeyman or of the use of Lupati for Mike Iupati (pronounced "you potty," with the silent capital letter "I"). Looney was a monster at guard in College, and his injury was the only thing that allowed us to take him as late as he did. He practiced at C all season (once healthy), and has the smarts for the position. With his physical talent and mean streak, he could be an All-Pro Center, as he is MUCH more imposing than most NFL centers. They knew he wasn't playing last year when they drafted him.
He'll be long gone and we won't move up to get him.

I'm alos in the Looney.Kilgore camp.

I agree that Chance is a quality player - maybe the Jets.
I think Barrett Jones would worth a look.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
barret jones maybe , chance will not drop out of the top15

I think Jones is overrated I don't want any part of him ...

??
Originally posted by 9moon:
Barrett Jones is soft..

Warmack is the next coming of Larry Allen.. It's actually making me wonder if we should trade up to get him.

Jones is soft? Playing for a physical Alabama o-line should be enough to know that he ISN'T soft. Dude played every position on that line. Not soft.

Warmack is real good, but it would be stupid to trade that high for him considering we have Iupati and Boone, the latter playing extremely well his first year at guard.
Originally posted by loyalniner:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
barret jones maybe , chance will not drop out of the top15

I think Jones is overrated I don't want any part of him ...

??

some folks don't know what they're talking about.

Barrett Jones, a tough-nosed interior lineman that has played the tackle position as well, is a 3rd-4th round value. how in the hell does that make him overrated?!
Share 49ersWebzone