LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Chance Warmack our future Center?

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
barret jones maybe , chance will not drop out of the top15

I think Jones is overrated I don't want any part of him ...
nope
Many consider him the best baller in the draft. He doesn't make out to 31 and you dont trade up for a guard in out position.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Dan Kilgore our future center

Looney
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Barrett Jones is soft..

Warmack is the next coming of Larry Allen.. It's actually making me wonder if we should trade up to get him.
Warmack isn't sliding anywhere near us and we aren't moving up that far to draft an interior OL.
I don't believe we are drafting a C
The 49ers are happy with Kilgore and Looney
Originally posted by KegBert:
Warmack isn't sliding anywhere near us and we aren't moving up that far to draft an interior OL.

We have enough first round lineman h*ll we got tha best o-line in tha nfl N we have bigger needs at DE/S/CB
guards seem to slide on draft day.. I bet he doesn't get picked til mid 20s
There were a lot of people who believed DeCastro was a sure top 15 an he didn't get drafted til the mid 20s

Take if he's there but I think Travis Fredrick from Wisconsin is the guy to snag at. He has experience playing center and guard in college.
If by chance, Chance Warmack falls to 31, and he was in the top ten on your draft board, it would be very hard to pass on him if you are drafting best player available.

Sure Looney or Kilgore might be journeymen centers, but Warmack like Lupati, has a chance to be something special. Can you imagine the strength of our interior line if Warmack and Lupati lined up shoulder to shoulder?

Lastly, with success comes the reality that you can't retain all your talent and stay under the salary cap. If we can't re-sign Lupati, than Warmack continues after Lupati leaves and the interior of our O-line still is dominant.
Our Oline is going to become a financial burden if we keep drafting early. Boone is a geat discount player. I think we can find another player for a decent price tag at center. Goodwin is overpaid and only hanging around until we can replace him.

I really hope (and doubt) that one of our first two picks go towards an Olineman.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Dan Kilgore our future center

I'm surprised more people haven't figured this out...lol
Originally posted by 9moon:
Barrett Jones is soft..

Warmack is the next coming of Larry Allen.. It's actually making me wonder if we should trade up to get him.

Barrett Jones is the 3rd best interior lineman in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone