LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

2013 Draft Is All About Round 2

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
the only thing i would suggest is: Switching Rogers with a TE @ 50.

Yeah, I figure a lot of folks around here would prefer a TE.... but I see WR as a much more immediate need with only Crabtree and Jenkins under contract next year. Keep in mind, we aren't trying to replace Vernon Davis (at least not yet). We are replacing a BACKUP TE.... yes, one that played a big role in our offense... but a backup nonetheless.

We have a need for a starting calliber WR. One that would need to start in 2014. It also takes longer to develop a WR in the NFL. It's a very technical position where rookies often struggle (even 1st rounders).

I think there are options in rounds 5-6 to replace Walker in the H-back role. Chris Gragg of Arkansas might fit that bill.
I like it...most realist mock I've seen. Nice work
All this speculation is a waste of time. Go to the gym, or the titty bar, or spend some time with the family.
Switch Webb with Tyrann
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
All this speculation is a waste of time. Go to the gym, or the titty bar, or spend some time with the family.

can i take the family to a titty bar...and if so, can i work on my latest mock draft there
I agree the value of talent is best in the 2nd and 3rd.

Value in the 2nd and 3rd that we may target:

John Cyprien
Eric Reid
Margus Hunt
Brandon Williams
Jesse Williams
Matt Elam
Jamie Collins
David Amerson
DJ Swearinger
Alex Okafor
Tank Carradine
Bacarri Rambo
Phillip Thomas
Tyrann Mathieu
Da'Rick Rogers
John Jenkins
Barrett Jones
Vance McDonald
Ryan Swope
Quinton Patton
Robert Woods
Originally posted by miked1978:
I could dig that.

I agree. These picks would be ideal
Some pros and cons to this.

I like the idea of consolidating picks into the second round. That could include sliding back a few spots from 31, and it could include packaging 3rds 4ths and 5ths for additional second rounders.

But I am not a fan of trading for future picks. I understand that concept in theory, but I don't see why a team that is favored to win the Super Bowl should convert present assets into future assets. Load up NOW.

These also aren't quite the players I would personally target, but to each his own. Is Carradine really going to fall that far?

This entire website is a waste of time.

Some of us like to waste time. If you don't like it, then go to the titty bar.
Originally posted by blm7754:

This entire website is a waste of time.

Some of us like to waste time. If you don't like it, then go to the titty bar.

I like how a titty bar isn't a waste of time... it's a waste of time and money. Last time I checked the WZ is free

Originally posted by xela510:
Switch Webb with Tyrann

Webb is a superior athlete to Tyrann. He has a little better size, his short area quickness is better, and he is stronger (14 reps on the bench compared to Tyrann's 4).

He may be a bit more raw, but I think his ceiling is higher.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Some pros and cons to this.

I like the idea of consolidating picks into the second round. That could include sliding back a few spots from 31, and it could include packaging 3rds 4ths and 5ths for additional second rounders.

But I am not a fan of trading for future picks. I understand that concept in theory, but I don't see why a team that is favored to win the Super Bowl should convert present assets into future assets. Load up NOW.

These also aren't quite the players I would personally target, but to each his own. Is Carradine really going to fall that far?

Not trading for future picks... trading for a current AND future pick.

The point is, I don't expect the value to be there at 31 for positions that we NEED. So why not trade back to a team desperate to jump Jacksonville for a QB and pick-up something extra for next year.

I think Carradine is perfect value in round 2. Maybe 41 is a little late.... but I wouldn't go higher than 34. I expect he will be picked in that range.
nice
only thing I'm not fond of is the Rogers pick. He comes off as a super diva to me, Cordarrelle Patterson also after watching the wide receivers on play makers
Originally posted by NTeply49:
only thing I'm not fond of is the Rogers pick. He comes off as a super diva to me, Cordarrelle Patterson also after watching the wide receivers on play makers

Almost all top WRs coming out of college are divas. They are all full of themselves. That doesn't worry me at all. They are kids. Most of them come into the NFL and realize that they aren't "all that" cause everybody around them is super-talented. So they grow up quick... usually in a year or two. Especially if they have good coaches, a good QB, and other good playmakers to compete with.
Share 49ersWebzone