1. Sylvester Williams - We love to group players together, and tie them back to their NFL counterparts. Black QBs, white WRs, and players that played the same position at the same school. Williams may be a victim of the third type of arbitrary ranking. Few fans would be surprised if we drafted a DT, and Williams may be the best one available when we draft. He fits our scheme, and would be very good value at 31 IF available. However, until he proves otherwise, he will remain the next "Kentwan Balmer" due to school/position combination. A player who has received virtually no mention on any 9er board or article.
2. DeAndre Hopkins - People often think we're set at WR, and while the position is fairly packed, most of the people are either coming off a major injury, are in their last year of the contract (ready to retire or ask for big $$), or both. The one player that doesn't fit into either category has a stat line that reads "1 drop." Since this is now a team that will be building around CK, weapons will be a big focus. The name Tavon Austin gets most of the attention on this board, but Hopkins is the better all around player, and a fantastic deep threat.
3. Jamie Collins - If there is one thing we know about football, its that you can never have too many pass rushers. But you could have too few. The OLB position will be getting a boost this year with the return of 2 rookies and Harlson from the injury list, but could still use a more dynamic pure pass rusher. Baalke demonstrated the desire to add such a player with interest he showed in Bruce Irvin last year and John Abraham this offseason. Collins has been on the team's radar since the Senior Bowl when reports came out that they met. Back then he looked like a mid-round gem. Now he's been flying up boards. Will the team pull the trigger to "reach" for the player they want yet again? Maybe...
4. Tank Carradine - This probably won't be as much of a surprise as it would have been a month ago.
5. 2014 1st Rd. Pick - The team is more likely to try and do this with the 34th pick, but may not have that choice. If someone wants to jump Jacksonville for a QB, we may be able to help by parting ways with the 31st pick. The 34th will not be of use for this.
[ Edited by RollinWith21n52 on Apr 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM ]