LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Report: Team showing strong interest in Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati

3 round San Francisco 49ers select Travis Kelce Tight End Cincinnati.
Not surprised. Just finished re-watching 2 Cincinnati games to take another look at Kelce as I finished my TE rankings, and Kelce is legit.

Had some behavioral issues in he past, but he put in a great senior year.
He came in for a workout this past weekend. He's becoming my favorite TE prospect, especially after his Pro Day where he ran a 4.61 40. The best thing is as a blocker, the 49ers wouldn't see as much dropoff from Delanie to Kelce as compared to some of the other TE prospects in the draft. He's a very good run blocker, good size, quality receiver, seems kind of like a poor man's Gronkowski.
Where is he supposed to be drafted? i would love for the Niners to nab him with their second 3rd, but i am not sure if he is tabbed to go earlier.
IMO he should be projected no earlier than the third round. Don't get me wrong I like Kelce a lot and would love if the 49ers drafted him but I think some team will reach hard for him. If the 49ers like him as much as some are claiming we could see the 49ers move up in the second round much like they did for Kaep but I would be pretty surprised to see that happen for TE. Harbaugh thought Kaep was the best player in the entire draft and being a qb its not hard to justify or understand that move. Especially now that we've all seen what Kaep can do!!! Either way I feel like we're in pretty good hands with our FO and coaches. I don't get too fired up over the draft normally because it takes years to judge these players and you never know how well they'll translate their skills to the next level but with all these picks its going to be interesting for sure! GO NINERS!
What I love about Kelce is he's an excellent all-around TE...very good blocker and receiver. I'm thinking he could contribute in Harbaugh's offense sooner than others that could be available in 2nd to 3rd rds. He's a tough guy and it seems like he'd fit right in.
get him before the hawks do!! they better not rob our draft again this year...
No surprise at all as he is a good blocker. We have shown interest in Gavin Escobar as well but he would have to get better at blocking. I am thinking we will take a TE at 61 or 74 and not 31 or 34. Could even wait until 93 and get someone like Jordan Reed (would also have to work on blocking). I think we will go FS and DE at 31/34. Could trade one of the picks as well. At 61 or 74 I think will be a TE. After that could do a lot of trading... need a 3rd T, possibly SS, possibly CB, possibly WR, etc. The way we have been looking at WR's our interest might be higher than expected. Could be 2nd or 3rd round. Maybe FS/DE at 31/34, WR or NT at 61, Kelce at 74 but he might not make it that far.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 15, 2013 at 2:57 PM ]
I don't like Escobar, scouts are saying that he is not a good blocker and has problems getting separation

Does it bother anyone that the Niners could potentially draft Kelce, Rambo, Mathieu, and maybe even throw in Mark Harrison.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:

I agree, Pete the cheat is livin up to his name getting Brett Swain to pick his brain, scouting duke w and Travis , juicing his corners with adderal, coincidence Eric Wright, Richard Sherman, browner all have had this problem?, I mean how can corners that run a 4.63 cover 4.3 WRs?
Originally posted by Butter:
Does it bother anyone that the Niners could potentially draft Kelce, Rambo, Mathieu, and maybe even throw in Mark Harrison.

Doubt we would take all those guys but we are willing to gamble on players like this because we have the right staff and the right atmosphere to get the most out of them and keep them out of trouble. Now if it was a bottom dweller team that was losing all the time with no infrastructure or vet leadership I would be worried since that would likely lead to the player regressing to their old self. Side note though I think the player has to be sorry and willing to or have changed for us to take that risk. If Mathieu acts like he still doesn't give a crap and isn't willing to change we won't touch him. Guys like Kelce who probably have moved on and are willing to change I think we would take a risk on. Goes for any player... if they show they love football and want to change or already have we will go for it but if you still have a bad attitude we won't touch you.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 15, 2013 at 3:33 PM ]
I like him I would not mind us using a 2nd or third rounder for him, we use a lot of 2 TE sets, he strengthens the run game, can be a bigger asset than delanie who IMO was overrated (stonehands), watched his highlights plays with passion is a blue collar player fits our system, only concern is that he had some injuries in his ast two years of college
Originally posted by Wheelz29:
Originally posted by matthewabbit:

I agree, Pete the cheat is livin up to his name getting Brett Swain to pick his brain, scouting duke w and Travis , juicing his corners with adderal, coincidence Eric Wright, Richard Sherman, browner all have had this problem?, I mean how can corners that run a 4.63 cover 4.3 WRs?

And Microsoft is tapped into HarBaalke's computer too!
Share 49ersWebzone