LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Report: Team showing strong interest in Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati

• mayo49
  • Veteran
We're supposably interested. Here's his bio and a link from Barrows. They say he compares to Gronk.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=56809

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F1553169-2013-nfl-draft-scouting-report-cincinnati-te-travis-kelce&ei=x6VYUbaDEoW_igLS_ICgCw&usg=AFQjCNHqrorkItJv05a_Jw8zoGgdfoANRQ&sig2=eMX2lvhPKm4ztYM9vGuJtg
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM ]
Thanks for the link. Starting to want him more than Jordan Reed.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Thanks for the link. Starting to want him more than Jordan Reed.
Would prefer Kelce far more over Reed. Kelce is the total package, great blocker, big, physical, strong, a nice red-zone target, Reed is like a poor man's Aaron Hernandez.
Kelce would be a great pick with either of our 3rd rounders.
Mah boy Kelce! Would love to draft him. I've been promoting this cat for awhile now.
Backup plan.
Imagine if the Niners drafted

Kelce
Rambo
Honey Badger

They could have the All-Head Case draft
He's been on my radar since the season ended. The guy would be awesome in the 3rd. He is built like Gronk and is quicker than he looks.
He can be really great if he is coached up right.
He didn't participate in the senior bowl or combine which hurt his stock, I read somewhere that the seahags are also looking at him, and duke w., which the 9ers seem to covet as well, I'm starting to think that Pete the cheat is watching harbaughs draft because he does not know what the hell he's been doin, ala last yr Bruce Irvin etc..

Originally posted by Butter:
Imagine if the Niners drafted

Kelce
Rambo
Honey Badger

They could have the All-Head Case draft

Don't forget Da'Rick Rogers.

Actually, Rogers, Kelce, Rambo, and Badger sounds like a solid draft to me. Could be a challenge in the locker room though.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Don't forget Da'Rick Rogers.

Actually, Rogers, Kelce, Rambo, and Badger sounds like a solid draft to me. Could be a challenge in the locker room though.

If Harbaugh can keep the locker room quiet during the AS/CK transition, I don't think a handful of mouthy rookies are going to be a problem. Brandon Jacobs learned firsthand what happens
Originally posted by blm7754:
Kelce would be a great pick with either of our 3rd rounders.

Get him, Baalke. We need him
LOL y'all back on tha kelce wagon now how funny after so many change to Reed frm kelce now back ... i mocked him to us at #93 N ain't changed tha pick ... I think end of 3rd round is perfect for a TE pick after we get any combo of CB/DE/SS/FS/OLB first .....
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Mar 31, 2013 at 6:22 PM ]
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
LOL y'all back on tha kelce wagon now how funny after so many change to Reed frm kelce now back ... i mocked him to us at #93 N ain't changed tha pick ... I think end of 3rd round is perfect for a TE pick after we get any combo of CB/DE/SS/FS/OLB first .....

I agree, defense will be our priority, I would love for him to fall to the 3rd, nice pick .
Share 49ersWebzone