LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Who is your favorite safety in this years draft.

Who is your favorite safety in this years draft.

Who is your favorite safety in this years draft class and why would he make an excellent 49er and a fit in our defense?
Or
Who do you feel we will draft because they would be available at our pick?

We all know FS is mandatory in this years draft, so I'd like to know who you want us to draft and why. Try to convince everyone in our wonderful community that this is our guy.
[ Edited by NTeply49 on Mar 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM ]
Of the listed I went with Reid. I also like Cyprien, Thomas, and Rambo.

I also really like the idea of drafting Amerson and converting him to FS. True ballhawk.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I also really like the idea of drafting Amerson and converting him to FS. True ballhawk.
I like Reids measurables as well with a 4.51 40 and a 40 inch vertical. Who is the best coverage FS is the real question, because it seems like theres more top talent at SS than FS this year.

This is a high risk high reward idea that I'd be on board with. I added him to the poll. Thank you for your input.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Draft Reid and Amerson.

49ers are looking at safeties and big corners.
Originally posted by NTeply49:

This is a high risk high reward idea that I'd be on board with. I added him to the poll. Thank you for your input.

A lot of scouts think that FS will be Amerson's best fit in the NFL.

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Draft Reid and Amerson.

Do it.

A lot of scouts think that FS will be Amerson's best fit in the NFL.

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Draft Reid and Amerson.

Do it.

How far do you think Amerson could Fall?

I voted for Phillip Thomas, but I didn't see Amerson as an option. His scouting reports say that he's much better in zone coverage than man coverage. His size and speed are very intriguing. I think that the Niners could probably trade down from 34, draft Amerson, and then use the extra value to trade up from 93.
[ Edited by Butter on Mar 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM ]
It seems very likely the NFL will continue its crusade against violent collisions, and to that end will be further changing rules to limit guys like Goldson and other hard hitters. Because of that I am leaning toward the coverage guys...speed and ball instincts over toughness and hits. The guys I have been reading about who do well in coverage are Swearinger, Jefferson, Elam and Vaccaro. Rambo and P Thomas are also considered good in coverage. Still doing some reading but I think the niners may be trying to get ahead of the curve in this regard and may pick more CBs than SS.
How far do you think Amerson could Fall?

He could possibly be there at #61, #74 would be huge value.

I want Rambo just so I could order his jersy and wear it with a red bandana around my forehead.
Reid is actually a free safety, he's tall and he has good coverage skills, so I have to go with Reid.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Reid is actually a free safety, he's tall and he has good coverage skills, so I have to go with Reid.

Actually pass coverage is his weak area
Let it be read(lol) Eric Wolff will be great he's a under tha radar Guy probably a 5-6 round Guy....
I wouldn't mind taking Eric Reid and Tyrann Mathieu later on in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone