LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

MadDog's 2013 NFL Draft Best Available Board

I would be pretty happy if the picks in bold happen. Although, it wouldn't address the DL. Do you see Washington as someone who can develop into a 3-4 DE, or would be be strictly backup at OLB?

I don't see Jonathan Hankins on your list... which is surprising. I've watched him quite a bit in comparison to Jesse Williams and overall, Hankins appears better.
Travis Kelce over Zach Ertz?! Explain yourself, man!
Originally posted by blm7754:

He already did explain himself. Please read his preamble.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:

He already did explain himself. Please read his preamble.

I did read read the preamble, jackass. If there were no need for further comment then there would be no need for a thread.
Tank Carradine is THE PLAYER to get...we need to move up and make sure we acquire him if he drops into the late teens early 20's
madog, just curious..do you get coaches tape from schools that you review?
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Why no Kawann Short? Hamstring injury, that's limited him, hurting his draft stock?

As many board members remember, I gushed about him at the Senior Bowl, but he shuts it down too often for me. I'd rather take a guy with a nonstop motor. When focused, he easily meets the Top 50 criteria.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Could see Ravens leapfrog us to get one of the guys they want.

I'm on the Cornelius Washington bandwagon..but 30th best player?

Washington may the most violent of the edge rushers in the draft. Really impressed me during Senior Bowl week. Georgia had him playing all different roles, but I thnk once he settles in, he is going to be a really nice player.
Originally posted by dhp318:
You obviously like Floyd alot. In his game against Tennessee, while his explosivenes is obvious, he must've spent as much time on his ass as any player I've ever seen. Do you chalk that up to just a bad game, or could that suggest some issues with his balance and leverage?

I think that once he matures more, some of the inconsistent performances from having raw technique will vanish, He is a 20 year old kid, which is scary. He has all the tools and is barely scratching the surface. In my thinking, he has Warren Sapp potential
Originally posted by lamontb:
Good work MD, but I think DJ Hayden is gonna be gone by the mid 2nd round.

Maybe, although someone may feel it is a bit rich for a guy who nearly died last year. I think the talented teams at the bottom of round two are willing to take that risk.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
You're really low on Jarvis Jones, any reason?

Let me answer my own question

From Walter Football

Georgia Pro Day Notes: Jarvis Jones did not have a good Pro Day. He ran a 4.92 and jumped poorly. His vertical and broad numbers were just about the same as 340-pound Kwame Geathers'. With this poor performance and the spinal stenosis issue lingering, Jones is expected to fall on Draft Day. I've had him going to the Steelers for a long time in my 2013 NFL Mock Draft.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
You're really low on Jarvis Jones, any reason?

Medical issues plus bad workout times got me a bit spooked. I loved the kid as a college player, but I can't think of one player at his position that succeeded with a 4.92 time at 245. Call me a skeptic that he dominates in the pros like he did in college.
I would be pretty happy if the picks in bold happen. Although, it wouldn't address the DL. Do you see Washington as someone who can develop into a 3-4 DE, or would be be strictly backup at OLB?

I don't see Jonathan Hankins on your list... which is surprising. I've watched him quite a bit in comparison to Jesse Williams and overall, Hankins appears better.

Hankins simply doesn't play to expectations. Really disappointed in his performance this past year. The OSU fans in this area tend to be down on the kid, and I tend to agree.

Three words: Êrtz can't block...at all. Oops, five words!

Some teams can work around this deficiency, but I would rather take a more well rounded player at the position. I see Êrtz with late second round value.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
madog, just curious..do you get coaches tape from schools that you review?

No coaches tape...just MadDog tape...video...DVR...game stuff. There is so much stuff on the web to watch, and so man games to watch, that even the casual fan can get a lot of play to watch on each player. They won't get every down, but will get enough to make a composite judgment, I will say the greatest weakness in my evaluation deals with the initial step a safety takes at the snap, since often times, it is off the screen.
Share 49ersWebzone