There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ABs Second and Final WebZone Mock Draft - Discussion thread, NO MORE SPOTS LEFT

The Eagles complete their 3 round mock.

4. Dee Milliner CB Alabama
35. Jesse Williams DT 'Bama
67. Kyle Long OT/OG Oregon

They are pleased but not delighted with their draft haul, as they are kicking themselves over not trading up in front of Jacksonville to secure EJ Manuel. They will instead roll with the QB's they've got and wait to draft their QB-of-the-future in next years draft, one which should have a better selection of QBs that fit Chip Kelly's scheme.
No offense to the Jets pick, but I can't think of a worse QB to run Mornhiweg's WCO than Mike Glennon. You don't have to be Michael Vick, but his version of the west coast does at least require a running threat from the QB position. I just can't see them making that pick.
Come on eonblue! Why you keep holding up the draft?

He seems to be a late night dweller. Always shows in the middle of the night.
Someone needs to pick for this dude.
EON really needs a pinch hitter...
Giants select Brennan Williams or Chris Faulk, would be my vote. They could really use a young RT upgrade, IMO.
What about a safety or CB? Pass defense was pretty horrible last year and they lost Phillips and Mundy isn't really starting caliber.
Pick a DB for him already. Its been long enough wait for him imo.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Giants select Brennan Williams or Chris Faulk, would be my vote. They could really use a young RT upgrade, IMO.

Im gonna go Faulk for them.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Im gonna go Faulk for them.

Dude just posted a soccer thread in the parking lot
Detroit Lions finish their 3 round mocks with Roger Saffold LT via trade. Saffold makes it easy for the Lions to move Reiff to LG while picking up Tyson Clabo for the vacant RT position. They also grabbed the best 43 DE in this year class. Werner is not only a powerful pass rusher he is also a excellent run defender. He was able to beat double teams and draw enough pressure for Carradine. Who made a huge impact when his chance came this past season for FSU.

#5 - Bjeorn Werner DE
trade #36 & #68 Roger Saffold LT

Washington Redskins finish their draft with the best NT in the draft with John Jenkins. He gives their 34 defense a NT who can collapse the pocket and draw enough attention away from Orakpo and Kerrigan to do serious damage at the OLB position. The Skins also allowed Shanahan to get the steal of the draft with Marcus Lattimore. The closest prospect to 49er great Frank Gore. Lattimores vision and power is second to none in this years class. He is also a very good pass catcher and exceptional blocker.

#51 John Jenkins NT
#85 Marcus Lattimore RB
What a fast draft.

Ghost, what happened to you? Would you really draft Geno Smith, if you were the Raiders-GM???
I think you are getting old
Originally posted by communist:
What a fast draft.

Ghost, what happened to you? Would you really draft Geno Smith, if you were the Raiders-GM???
I think you are getting old

I'm definitely getting old!

But regarding Geno, that pick was made before they traded for Matt Flynn, so if I had to do it again now, I wouldn't pick Smith there. Before that though, absolutely! We all knew they were going to release Palmer, so they couldn't go into the season with just Terrell Pryor as their QB!
Tampa Bay Bucs
Desmond Trufant CB
Jonathan Hankins DT
Montee Ball RB

The Bucs get probably the best cover CB in the Draft (Close with Milner)
a very versatile DT equally capable against the run as well as against the pass
A RB who will make an excellent complement to the Muscle Hamster
Another CB and a TE would have been my target in the next rounds

Denver Broncos
Damontre Moore DE
Eric Reid S
DJ Hayden CB

Bronco Fans would be thrilled with this draft
Moore is an excellent pass rushing DE
Reid and Hayden give the secondary a huge Boost
Hayden is flying up Draft boards as of late
many consider him 1st round talent right now