There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFLDraftScout.com's Updated Mock

31. 49ers - Margus Hunt DE
31. 49ers - Jesse Williams DT
31. 49ers - Sylvester Williams DT
31. 49ers - Johnthan Banks CB
31. 49ers - Zac Ertz TE
31. 49ers - Johnthan Banks CB

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft
According to teams needs don't know what these analyst's are hearing but Cordarrelle Patterson & Tyler Eifert are falling 19-31 range on some of these updated mocks.

If the draft ever played out this way 49ers could be setup for a dream draft. Adding both Patterson & Eifert to the 49ers offense would be beyond phenominal I think both are studs and are future pro bowlers and will give the 49ers the best offense in the NFL. It wouldn't cost as much to land both of them in that draft range and still have a ton of picks left over to add depth to the defense. Or trade the picks for 2014 picks and add defensive depth via vet trades or cheaper vet FA signings which I would much prefer to do given our Super Bowl window is now. For 2013 bolster our D with solid vets not rookies who will be targeted.

2014 draft - draft defense

Originally posted by SkyGod:
According to teams needs don't know what these analyst's are hearing but Cordarrelle Patterson & Tyler Eifert are falling 19-31 range on some of these updated mocks.

If the draft ever played out this way 49ers could be setup for a dream draft. Adding both Patterson & Eifert to the 49ers offense would be beyond phenominal I think both are studs and are future pro bowlers and will give the 49ers the best offense in the NFL. It wouldn't cost as much to land both of them in that draft range and still have a ton of picks left over to add depth to the defense. Or trade the picks for 2014 picks and add defensive depth via vet trades or cheaper vet FA signings which I would much prefer to do given our Super Bowl window is now. For 2013 bolster our D with solid vets not rookies who will be targeted.

2014 draft - draft defense

The lack of depth on defense killed us last year. I can't agree with waiting till 2014 to address the D.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
The lack of depth on defense killed us last year. I can't agree with waiting till 2014 to address the D.

Where did I suggest waiting until 2014 to address the D?

I said address the D now in 2013 with vets and re-address the D in 2014 through the draft.

Especially when we get into the playoffs opposing teams will game plan and target rookie defensive backs and light them up like the 4th of July.

And god help us if any of these rookies some of you guys wanna draft for the secondary in this draft turn out to be another Ahmad Plummer Mike Rumph or Taylor Mays.
Sylvester Williams at #31 would be sweet!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Sylvester Williams at #31 would be sweet!

Yeah, people thought Kentwan Balmer would be sweet too. Pass on Williams, way too many questions about his consistency.
Originally posted by SkyGod:
31. 49ers - Margus Hunt DE
31. 49ers - Jesse Williams DT
31. 49ers - Sylvester Williams DT
31. 49ers - Johnthan Banks CB
31. 49ers - Zac Ertz TE
31. 49ers - Johnthan Banks CB

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Banks and Williams would be my favorites out of all of those.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Banks and Williams would be my favorites out of all of those.

bb down for you too?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SkyGod:
31. 49ers - Margus Hunt DE
31. 49ers - Jesse Williams DT
31. 49ers - Sylvester Williams DT
31. 49ers - Johnthan Banks CB
31. 49ers - Zac Ertz TE
31. 49ers - Johnthan Banks CB

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Banks and Williams would be my favorites out of all of those.

I would be OK with either Williams at 31 and Banks at 34. I think this draft has to focus on defense first and foremost. My preference would be to deal up for Jones or sit tight and take Jesse and Banks at 31 and 34.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Mar 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM ]
I'm a DL guy, this is heaven.
Banks and Jesse Williams would be good picks at 31.
I would take Jesse Williams or Banks from your list...I also agree DL is a big need (rotational and future starter) however, I believe FS is a huge need. I know we just signed Dahl and all, but...If Vaccarro or Reid drop...Defense first. If T. Austin or C. Patterson drop all bets would be off. I would draft them in a heartbeat!
Originally posted by sf1974:
I would take Jesse Williams or Banks from your list...I also agree DL is a big need (rotational and future starter) however, I believe FS is a huge need. I know we just signed Dahl and all, but...If Vaccarro or Reid drop...Defense first. If T. Austin or C. Patterson drop all bets would be off. I would draft them in a heartbeat!

Yes pls.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,786
Originally posted by SkyGod:
According to teams needs don't know what these analyst's are hearing but Cordarrelle Patterson & Tyler Eifert are falling 19-31 range on some of these updated mocks.

If the draft ever played out this way 49ers could be setup for a dream draft. Adding both Patterson & Eifert to the 49ers offense would be beyond phenominal I think both are studs and are future pro bowlers and will give the 49ers the best offense in the NFL. It wouldn't cost as much to land both of them in that draft range and still have a ton of picks left over to add depth to the defense. Or trade the picks for 2014 picks and add defensive depth via vet trades or cheaper vet FA signings which I would much prefer to do given our Super Bowl window is now. For 2013 bolster our D with solid vets not rookies who will be targeted.

2014 draft - draft defense

IMHO

It would be awesome to add those two on offense. AND, if the Niners are still able to get Nnamdi/Veteran FS in FA and at least one DE (like J Abraham), then picking up offensive talent early in the draft makes sense.

ALTHOUGH, we're not sure if the Niners are going to make any of those deals work in the FA... we do need a couple more vets, that's for sure. If the Niners don't get those vets, they are going to have to get quality DEPTH/ROTATION on defense early and often in the draft.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would be OK with either Williams at 31 and Banks at 34. I think this draft has to focus on defense first and foremost. My preference would be to deal up for Jones or sit tight and take Jesse and Banks at 31 and 34.

This is right on!!!

Jesse at 31 and Banks at 34 would be really nice i know that they arent rated as such thus even the possibility that they are there for those picks but an argument could be made that we would be taking a top 3 D-Linemen in the draft and top 3 DB in this draft with those 2 picks i would be varry happy with that! howvere if Austin or Patterson (skygod is the first person i have heard say he could drop 2 our area) I would be happy with them as well (it is my opinion that they are by far and away the best 2 receivers in the draft) so i would take either in a heartbeat!