There are 241 users in the forums

Frisco's Mock Draft

Luv Jones pick but I think we'll have to jump up a few spots to get him trufant would be tha same deal have to jump up 17-23 to get him not a fan of a TE in first two rounds I fell we need defense help N youth N this is a very strong defense class ...
I like this one
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Great picks. Too bad Jones and Trufant will both be gone by 31 and 34. Just not a realistic mock unfortunately

Agree
Datone Jones is just one of a number of DL who could help us...I'm not sold he's "the one". I'd be happy w/Short, Sly Williams, Hunt, Hankins or some others. I'd prefer Baalke draft DL who can play anywhere on the line...and for that reason, I'm not big on a "pure" NT or strictly a DE. Justin Smith is the example...the target, whatever you want to call it, because he can dominate at DE or DT (in the hybrid). That's the kind of big we need, IMHO. It'd give Fangio a lot more flexibility so he could keep the starters fresh and avoid burn-out late in the season/playoffs.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Great picks. Too bad Jones and Trufant will both be gone by 31 and 34. Just not a realistic mock unfortunately

Yeah, those guys will be gone before 31. Maybe one of them falls, but certainly not both. Maybe Jesse Williams and Jonathan Banks are a tad more realistic choices in those spots.

I like Ertz, but not enough to trade away both 3rd rounder's. With Vernon Davis taking the lead, I think we can afford to develop a less polished TE in the mid-rounds.

Agree completely. Our resident expert, Maddog, had Jones and Trufant off the board at 16 and 20. Plus, two third rd picks, a 5th AND a 2nd next year for Ertz is nuts. He is hardly worth that.

2 third round picks, 1 fifth round pick, and a 2014 2nd for a #2 TE

yea i don't get it either.

it gets a little bad when people go a tad too far just to draft their "draft crush."

there are other tight ends in this draft that will be available later that can contribute
Best Call of the Day CorvaNinerFan!
Share 49ersWebzone