LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

We trade with New Orleans for the 15th pick. Who do we take?

We trade with New Orleans for the 15th pick. Who do we take?

Originally posted by NYCNINER:
Originally posted by robniner:
STILL want Ertz.

I understand we need secondary & DL but i want either Ertz or Eifert! I think creating the match-up problems that Pats do with their two TE's along with Kaep, Crabs, Anquan & Gore... #UNBEATABLE!!!

Ertz will quickly adapt to our playbook because of familiarity and has great upside.
Tavon "muddafukn" Austin
Really?
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Tavon "muddafukn" Austin

+1
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
We're so stacked with picks that we could trade up and take 2 of these guys. I'm hoping we trade up in the first and/or trade to get a higher #1 in next years draft. I wouldn't mind if we went for two first round picks in this years draft either. Worked well with iupati and davis.
[ Edited by Walsh on Mar 24, 2013 at 2:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Walsh:
We're so stacked with picks that we could trade up and take 2 of these guys. I'm hoping we trade up in the first and/or trade to get a higher #1 in next years draft. I wouldn't mind if we went for two first round picks in this years draft either. Worked well with iupati and davis.

This ^ absolutely brilliant i have been considering this option as well trade up for 2 1st round picks Cordarrelle Patterson & Tyler Eifert I would be elated.
Our offense would be setup perfectly 49ers would have the best offensive attack in the NFL.
CK7 to Crabtree Boldin Patterson out wide...Manningham Jenkins Williams out of the slot...Davis & Eifert at TE...Gore Hunter James out of the backfield are you kidding me!!!!!!!! CK7 got the weapons!!!!!!!
49ers 21st ranked passing offense & 23rd ranked 3rd down conversion offense gets a huge upgrade for Colin Kaepernick to go to work.

Then for 2013 we fill in all our defensive depth needs through less expensive but solid veteran FA signings or via trade. Our SB window is now drafting plugging and playing rookies on defense is very risky they will be targeted. For 2013 fill in the D with some solid vets and get back to the Super Bowl and win it.

Then in the 2014 draft we can focus and draft defense the 2014 draft looks to have some solid defensive prospects...may need to just draft a RB for the offense depending on Gore & Hunter's status.

Please post more often Coach Walsh ^!

49ers drafted Anthony Davis 11th overall and Mike Iupati 17th overall in the 2010 draft. Going with 2 1st round picks in 2010 has worked out brilliantly for the 49ers i predict both Iupati & Davis make all pro in 2013.

Adding Cordarrelle Patterson & Tyler Eifert to the 49ers offense would be just awesome.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Thanks, Your check is in the mail for your comment

wouldn't do it for the sake of it, only if 1 of the main guys drops e.g Star, Austin or Richardson. Much cheaper to grab a couple more 2nd round picks.

Eric Reid - FS - compete for starting free safety
Jonathan cyprien - SS - depth for Whitner eventually taking next season
David Amerson - CB - depth for CB guys eventually taking over either Brown or Rodgers
John Jenkins - NT/DE - Can play all along the line NT and DE
Zach Ertz - TE - replaces Delanie competes with Celek for no.2 spot.

All predicted to go in the 2nd round. I think that would fill the gaps we need providing AJ steps up this year and performs and would easily help us get in the Superbowl.

trade 31 and 5th with Miami for both their 2nd round picks
trade 74 and 93 to get another mid 2nd round pick.

How would that be for a draft if we picked up all those guys?
[ Edited by smithc28 on Mar 25, 2013 at 4:18 AM ]
Originally posted by smithc28:
Eric Reid - FS - compete for starting free safety
Jonathan cyprien - SS - depth for Whitner eventually taking next season
David Amerson - CB - depth for CB guys eventually taking over either Brown or Rodgers
John Jenkins - NT/DE - Can play all along the line NT and DE
Zach Ertz - TE - replaces Delanie competes with Celek for no.2 spot.

How would that be for a draft if we picked up all those guys?

it would be f'ing awesome?

I wouldn't do it...largely because the experts agree the best talent pool is between picks #20 - 70. I'd much rather see Baalke acquire a couple more picks in 2nd & 3rd rds so he could use more of his mid to late rd picks as trade bait.
I wouldnt trade up for any of those players. Maybe if Star or Rhodes was still on the board. If I had to take one of the players in the poll, it would be Eifert. I think he is going to be top 10 TE in the league. He is going to fall past 15 tho so its kind of a waste to trade all the way up to 15.
Share 49ersWebzone