LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

SunDevil and AB's 1st Round 2 Man Mock

SunDevil and Myself did a Mock Draft last night, 1 Round to start, we plan on a 2nd round.

http://pigskinprospects.com/2013/03/22/2-man-mock-draft-round-1/
Jordan Poyer finally getting some 1st round love, nice!

I would be rather heartbroken to see Datone J and Tyler E getting selected back to back right in front of us.

Would be okay with Banks at 31.

Overall, looks solid.. still a bit of a to see two guards going top 10. They are probably worth it, though.
Patterson to Packers at #24? Not only would people erupt but blame 49ers for NOT trading up
Good mock draft except I'd change Poyner for Trufant and I think Carolina would pick PATTERSON adding a weapon for Cam Newton . Banks is too slow he'll be better playing on a team that plays alot of that Tampa 2 coverage.
[ Edited by SSF49er on Mar 22, 2013 at 8:57 AM ]
Seems about a full round too high for Jordan Poyer.

If everything plays out similar to this, I think we need to trade up about 5 spots. I'd like to see us pick either Datone Jones or Jesse Williams in the 1st, and they could both be gone by 31.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Seems about a full round too high for Jordan Poyer.

If everything plays out similar to this, I think we need to trade up about 5 spots. I'd like to see us pick either Datone Jones or Jesse Williams in the 1st, and they could both be gone by 31.

I and SunDevil(Andrew) are big on Poyer. And yeah we may need to trade up. We did a basic 2 person mock, no trades, alternated picks. Plan on a round 2 tonight.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Jordan Poyer finally getting some 1st round love, nice!

I would be rather heartbroken to see Datone J and Tyler E getting selected back to back right in front of us.

Would be okay with Banks at 31.

Overall, looks solid.. still a bit of a to see two guards going top 10. They are probably worth it, though.

It would suck to see both go in front of us. And both of us are high on Cooper and Warmack as top 10 guys.
This is a qb driven league. If the draft went this way, and it is a big "if" Teams in round 2 that need a qb would be willing to trade up to pick 31 or 34 to secure EJ Manuel or Nassib. I am not a fan of trading down, but if the Niners can pick up a 3rd with so many players left on the board that I covet, then go for it.

If the draft did go down this way, I am going to pull what Steve Young said about patrick Willis, if Zach Ertz is on the board with all of the above players picked, you could almost mark it in blood the Niners will draft him.
Cordarelle Patterson - Very talented athlete, but very raw player. People thought Stephen Hill would be a 1st rounder based on his size and speed but he ended up as the 43rd pick. I think Patterson is a better prospect. A number of teams could take him earlier (like previously mentioned Panther, Vikes, Colts ect.). Wasn't really a conscious decision to push him down, we just had teams make other choices to fill needs we thought they would target more.

Banks - So some people dislike Banks and love Patterson? Now thats pretty ironic given Banks dominated Patterson in coverage. Patterson had one catch for about 10 yards when Banks covered him and it was on a hook route which is Banks biggest weakness in coverage as he often prefers to have a deep cushion and can get cought at the 10 yard mark opening his hips when the WR makes the move. Banks does have a lack of speed, but I don't think the combine accurately reflects his speed in games which is more like a 4.5 player. Banks is able to overcome lack of speed by being a very fluid athlete with incredible length, even if a player has a step on Banks, he still has the ability to break it up with his arm length. I also think Banks has upside to his game and still hasn't reached his peak athleticism as his lower body needs work.

Logically you'd think if you guys were big on a certian player, you should be big on the players that shut them down, right? You wouldn't line Banks on an Amendola, but he is a great matchup for the larger WRs.

Poyer - I've seen a lot of people rank him low recently. There is nothing flashy about his game as he is more of a well rounded prospect then a guy that exceeds in one area. If he goes early it will be because of his knack of playmaking ability.
Niners needs S,TE,NT,WR,DE so highest ranked player unless yes we trade back i could see Buffalo trading us the 41 pick 2nd round for next year would be good..

Share 49ersWebzone