There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If You Only Read 1 Mock Draft This Offseason...Make It This One

Im hoping we draft 2 DLineman in first 2 rds.., a guy like Jessie Williams can play NT and DE, and we can go after a RDE project. We'd be carrying 6 DLineman, which means all would be active on game day.
Any mock that doesn't have us taking DL help with the first picks are hard to take seriously.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Any mock that doesn't have us taking DL help with the first picks are hard to take seriously.

Brandon Williams doesn't count? or you mean 3 DL with first 3 picks?
Sorry but I am not a fan. To me it wouldnt make sense to sign Woodson AND pick 3 DBs in our first 5 picks. I also dont like the fact that you didnt take any WR before the 6th round. Finally, no QB, no RB, and 3 Offensive Lineman, and 2 TEs? This is a very poorly balanced and structured draft.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Baalke WILL sign a S and draft 2 in the first 5 picks? Not a bad draft, but remember, only 2 safeties play at 1 time. Usually only 2 the entire season

True, but we will need 2 new starting safeties no later than next year (2014). Even if we sign a vet like Woodson, neither he nor Whitner are very inspiring. Cyprien can push one of them for playing time right away. And a developmental guy like Wilcox can learn for a year while contributing on special teams.
Will largely hinge on FA pick-ups. If no DL in free agency then I'd opt for 2 DL in the draft.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/03/source-49ers-looking-at-bears-free-agent-idonije.html

Or secondary gets better when we have a pass rush and pressure from the DLine.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Will largely hinge on FA pick-ups. If no DL in free agency then I'd opt for 2 DL in the draft.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/03/source-49ers-looking-at-bears-free-agent-idonije.html

Or secondary gets better when we have a pass rush and pressure from the DLine.

And, that's one less roster spot for a rookie, which it makes it even more clear that they're planning on making some interesting moves on draft day. They'll either move up and draft someone like Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei if he drops past #15 or a top corner like Trufant or Rhodes.

OR, they might trade #31 for a first rounder next year for a team looking to secure a young QB (Nassib, EJ Manuel or even Mike Glennon), knowing they can still get good talent at #34. That sounds more like a Baalke move than trading up.
Good call Ghost!

Man, I really like Richardson but I can't see him dropping by the Panthers. YET Crabs dropped to us so I gues anything is possibe. Especially since Jerry Jones has taken Al Davis' place.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good call Ghost!

Man, I really like Richardson but I can't see him dropping by the Panthers. YET Crabs dropped to us so I gues anything is possibe. Especially since Jerry Jones has taken Al Davis' place.

True, which means we would need to move up to #13 (Tampa) just before Carolina picks...and that would only cost us our #31 and our #34. Bottom line, we have the chips to move up and get just about any player that falls outside of the top 10 and STILL have plenty of picks left to meet other needs.
You got me with the title
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Any mock that doesn't have us taking DL help with the first picks are hard to take seriously.

Brandon Williams doesn't count? or you mean 3 DL with first 3 picks?

My error, I meant taking a DL within the first 2 picks ....
[ Edited by NinerGM on Mar 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM ]