If You Only Read 1 Mock Draft This Offseason...Make It This One

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49EREXTREMIST:
Nice try.

Well, at least a try.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Seriously whats with all the Cyprien hype? You guys are telling me you'd rather have Cyprien who pretty much was all Combine/Senior Bowl hype and an unknown product to most of fans than Eric Reid or Phillip Thomas??

Reminds of when Louis Delmas was hyped up in the off-season.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Baalke will do this?!!

Niners are dead meat
Doubt we sign Woodson or go with Cyprien in the 1st and I'm not a huge fan of Taylor, especially that high....but the rest of the guys are solid and think this would be a very good draft.
sorry fir adding to the hate but I do not like it. way too many small school guys
popcorn time when the draft starts. GOOD first one bro . I enjoy this !
Originally posted by lamontb:
for some strange reason i don't think this WILL happen

This!!! We will not draft 13 guys.....maybe 10
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Seriously whats with all the Cyprien hype? You guys are telling me you'd rather have Cyprien who pretty much was all Combine/Senior Bowl hype and an unknown product to most of fans than Eric Reid or Phillip Thomas??

Reminds of when Louis Delmas was hyped up in the off-season.

Agree Cyprien is way over rated do people remember which QBs were throwing at the Senior Bowl? God I could have looked great at Safety
Originally posted by LVJay:
Baalke will do this?!!

Niners are dead meat

I know. It kinda sucks, because this isn't actually a mock or an opinion of the draft. This is a look into the future of what is actually going to happen.
What's worse is that I was looking forward to the suspense of the draft.
Hey most posters hate these picks. Maybe this is what Baalke will actually do

Baalke WILL sign a S and draft 2 in the first 5 picks? Not a bad draft, but remember, only 2 safeties play at 1 time. Usually only 2 the entire season
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Baalke will do this?!!

Niners are dead meat

I know. It kinda sucks, because this isn't actually a mock or an opinion of the draft. This is a look into the future of what is actually going to happen.
What's worse is that I was looking forward to the suspense of the draft.

But this is actually funny, though... I love the entertainment in here , it's great!

"This is not my personal wishlist. This is not my prediction for which direction Baalke will go. This is what Baalke will do. Love it. This is what the 49ers' 2013 offseason will look like. "
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
This is not my personal wishlist. This is not my prediction for which direction Baalke will go. This is what Baalke will do. Love it.

Subtractions: Goldson, Walker, Soap, RJF, Moss, Grant

Additions: Boldin, Dorsey, Dahl, Skuta, Moore, Haralson and Fleming (IR), Charles Woodson*

Draft:

31. Jonathan Cyprien, S Florida Int'l
34. Jamar Taylor, CB Boise St
61. Brandon Williams, DT Missouri Southern
74. Gavin Escobar, TE San Diego St
93. JJ Wilcox, S Georgia Southern
128. Kevin Reddick, ILB North Carolina
131. Maliciah Goodman, DE Clemson
157. Vinston Painter, OT Virginia Tech
164. Ace Sanders, WR South Carolina
180. Stansly Maponga OLB, TCU
227. Jeff Baca, G UCLA
237. Jake Stoneburner, TE Ohio St
246. Braden Brown, OT BYU

These picks are largely based on MadDog's most recent big board (shoutout to the big fella), though I take some liberties with a few players' spots. We might trade around a bit to make this happen.

According to Haarbaalke's M.O., we focus on players who are physical, high-motor competitors with both size and speed. And also in typical fashion, we are not afraid to trust our board and take a guy sooner than some might expect.

This is what the 49ers' 2013 offseason will look like.
Not bad overall, but there is no way we are actually using all 14 picks. Trade up, trade for 2014 picks but we don't have 14 roster spots so they will be players.
If this draft had a face id punch it. How the hell after the last 2 seasons of failure in the playoffs do you not get pass rushers?
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
If this draft had a face id punch it. How the hell after the last 2 seasons of failure in the playoffs do you not get pass rushers?

He drafted two. Malliciah Goodman is built like Aldon Smith with some of the longest arms in the draft class...IMO, he projects to be a Ray McDonald type of player. Stansly Maponga is an underrated 3-4 OLB prospect; maybe not the guy I would've picked, but he has as much talent if not more than the guys we currently have backing up Brooks and Aldon.

This draft would give us 6 OLBs on the roster...Brooks, Smith, Haralson, Fleming, Johnson and Maponga which is plenty to choose from.
Share 49ersWebzone