There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WILDLY HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION

say chiefs came to baalke with a offer to trade up for the the 1st pick of draft, for niners 1st (#31) and 2nd (#34) pick, and maybe something else (not going to happen, but not the poinst of the question)..you are baalke, who do you take with the 1st pick.., and why?.

i think the pick might be Jarvis Jones, presuming his medical checks out...niners could never have enough playmakers..he had great production at an sec school..
[ Edited by hofer36 on Mar 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM ]
  • dj43
  • Veteran
It IS wild, but I would rather have Sharrif Floyd if I were going to give up that much. He has fewer questions marks.
Star heart checked out so i would grab him
Giving up that much for one player is hard to get my mind around.

But for the fun of it;

1st - It would have to be a person who could come in and DOMINATE immediately

2nd - Zero injury history and VERY high character

3rd - Longevity.

Nobody in this draft BUT a guy like Payton Manning, Lawrence Taylor, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice would be the model.

I really like Floyd, Joekle[sp], BUT I can't even pretend at this point. Sorry!
That would be a bold move. Sharrif Floyd or Star Lotulelei would make the most sense for the Niners. Jarvis Jones' draft stock will take a dive after his pedestrian workout.
your right this trade wouldnt make sense. we would have to give up a whole lot more than two picks in this years draft. look at the julio jones draft and what the falcons gave up for him.
Dee milliner
I would hold Geno Smith for ransom. Get whatever I can. Anybody worth #1 we pretty much don't have a need at those spots (T, QB). If I had to pick it would be Lotulelei if everything checked out. If he didn't Milliner but would much rather trade down.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I would hold Geno Smith for ransom. Get whatever I can. Anybody worth #1 we pretty much don't have a need at those spots (T, QB). If I had to pick it would be Lotulelei if everything checked out. If he didn't Milliner but would much rather trade down.

Nobody is trading up for Geno Smith. Wrong draft to have #1 overall.

But if we felt the need to move up to #1 then I'd draft Floyd no questions asked.
Since we r being hypothetical... Why not... Trade a bunch of picks to Raiders & switch slots with them in each rd!!!!
Floyd or Star.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Ahhh the old buy high, sell low technique.
The problem with that scenario is that there will definitely be starter-quality defensive linemen and safeties at the 31st and 34th positions in the draft so they really don't have to do anything with those first two picks.
Basically what he's saying is, if we had the number one pick for whatever reason, who would we take?

For fun's sake i would take Floyd, Milliner, or Star
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
Basically what he's saying is, if we had the number one pick for whatever reason, who would we take?

For fun's sake i would take Floyd, Milliner, or Star

Okay, I think it would have to be Sharrif Floyd because he'd be a stone-cold lock to start right away on the d-line or Dee Milliner because he's probably a lock-down corner right off the bat.