Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
MD, few questions:
1) You have Kenyon Barner unranked. He's on the list, but no ranking. Squeezed between 136 and 137. I assume he's 137, and Watford gets bumped?
2) How do you feel about the CBs? If you had to assign your personal rankings, and not where you see them going, would Rhodes still trail Trufant? Would Alford be 6th?
3) What has caused Okafor's slide?
4) Same question as #2 for WRs. I've been open with my obsession with Hopkins. I still don't get how Allen and Patterson rank above him. He's just so smooth, natural, and instinctive out there!
5) Do you know much about Brandon Ford (the converted TE from Clemson). While watching Hopkins he stood out a number of times, and I'm pretty sure he's currently unranked. Any chance to watch him?
Thanks again for all the hard work!
My Excel Spreadsheet for the past two years is a nightmare to post on this board. Two years ago, I could copy and past my Excel and it would be in perfect rows. The past two years, when I copy and paste, it becomes one massive paragraph. I have to manually enter 254 times to make a nice column. So, just to clean this one a bit, I snuck Barner in between 136 and 137, since I didnt want to hit enter 254 times again. Watford was bumped from my board, that is true. If that makes sense. On my Excel it is clean.
I like the CB's. I think Milliner is NOT going to be a top 6, 8 or maybe top 10 pick, but somewhere in the 11-15 range. After him, Trufant should go pretty soon. Rhodes probably in that 18-26 region and that might be it for first rounders. A couple of the guys I really like outside the first round are: Webb, Alford and McFadden. I know that many teams want their 6' corner, but a lot of these 5'10' guys are going to be better overall players at the next level.
I think need trumps many things, so I see a slight slide for Okafor. I love the kid, so this is not my view of his future. Just think that a big run on DT, CB's, OL push him down the board a bit.
As for WR's, probably the most unpredictable position on the field for me to evaluate. To me, trying to make a certain evaluation of WR's is like herding cats. Good luck. I have Austin, Hopkins, Patton, Goodwin, and King as my top five right now on my BPA board for WR. Next would be Patterson.
Ford is a guy I consider a bubble draftee. I lean against him being picked, but he could slide into those late rounds. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Very solid campus workout and seems to be stacking on some weight. I am keeping an eye on him, that is for sure.