There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Big 254 Board

No way Denard Robinson should be ranked over Conner Vernon. But nice list MD.
Looks pretty good.

- Matt Scott at 43?!?

- Justin Hunter, Jordan Poyer, John Simon, D.J. Swearinger, and Aaron Dobson are too low, in my humble opinion.
Man, that's A LOT of work - thanks!
Misspelled Mathieu.
Everyone's a critic.
Thanks for the hard work it's appreciated. I like the idea of two tight ends.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Thanks, Mad.
  • buck
  • Veteran
control + F

Thanks. I learned something today.
I must be an idiot, because all of the players I want the Niners to draft you have from pick 45-60

Zach Ertz TE
Margus Hunt DE
Reid Safety LSU

The only head scratcher to me was Jonathan Franklin UCLA RB in the top 50...... I missed that one, I have him as a 5th rounder
Originally posted by 9erred:
I must be an idiot, because all of the players I want the Niners to draft you have from pick 45-60

Zach Ertz TE
Margus Hunt DE
Reid Safety LSU

The only head scratcher to me was Jonathan Franklin UCLA RB in the top 50...... I missed that one, I have him as a 5th rounder

I'm gonna be pretty mad if we draft any of those guys.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Looking at the first round, I think the most surprising thing aside from Nassib and Tavon over Patterson was Vaccaro lasting almost to our pick. I've always seen him in the teens in mocks.

The only thing people seem to agree on in this safety class is that Vaccaro is the best. Opinions on the rest, from Cyprien to Thomas to Reid to Elam to Rambo, seem to vary greatly. With that in mind, and given our enormous hole in the defensive backfield, shouldn't we do whatever we can to draft Vaccaro if he indeed lasts to the late 20s?

Vaccaro was a great college safety, and projects well to the NFL. However, his combine 40 was pretty underwhelming for a top graded safety at 4.62. He will surely improve his time on a fast Texas surface, Simply did not stand out at the combine
Originally posted by Joecool:
Damn we are sitting rich in this draft. MD, if you bold +5 players within all of our picks, then there are quite a few spots where we have a chance at getting nearly any player!!!

I really like the mid-round value in this draft, where the team is loaded with picks,
Originally posted by kush:
First off, great job, That sure is a lot of names!

Good call on moving Sylvester Williams up from his spot on the last board.

Guys I think are too high:

Floyd - After the CFB season ended he was undervalued by most (most had him in the mid-late 20s) and now I believe he is overvalued by most. Personally I see him going 10-20.

Nassib - I like where you have him and Barkley going, I just see them flip-flopped (Barkley top-10, Nassib early 2nd)

Guys I think are too low:

Okafor - IMO he's too talented a pass rusher to slip out of the 1st

Lemonier - He's received 1st round hype in some circles, of late, but I see him as a solid 2nd round pick at this point. Very talented and versatile.

P. Thomas - I'd be thrilled to grab him around pick # 93, I just don't see him lasting. He's got a great all-around game and imo is one of the better true FS in this class due to his coverage ability.

Duke Williams is a safety and Why so low? He has as good or better striking ability than any other safety in this class and while he is a bit stiff he is much more fluid than say Donte Whitner or even Elam imo.

Kruger - Again, why so low? Great frame and ok-solid production. I haven't been able to find a lot of tape on him but what I have seen looks really good. Solid upside.

Nassib at 8 makes a ton of sense to me, as they can plug him into their program that he ran at Syracuse from Day One. Barkley I think is in for a fall. Simply does not have the physical talent as some of the guys above him. I love Okafor, and see him as a value pick in the second, I believe team needs will push him down the board. I also think Thomas is a solid value pick, but see so many CBs passing him on the board, pushing him down. Torn between seeing Williams in a higher spot. Good college player, but not sure scouts see much of an upside at the next level. As for Kruger, seeing him post a 269 lbs number at the combine is a downgrade. He is a long 6'6" player, but limits himself, with that weight as a 43 DE, and I don't see thr burst or explosion to be selected that early. I could have him too low. We will see.
Originally posted by Amir:
I just don't see Geno Smith going in the 2-4 range.

The teams in that range: Jax, Raiders, Eagles all have a need for a long term solution at QB, and I can't see the Raiders paying Palmer the cap number he is due in 2013. To me, he is going 2,3,4 or 6.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Baccari Rambo should be ranked number 1 based on his name alone

Draft Rambo and Slay and you have a scary secondary.