There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Big 254 Board

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
bump because I don't like page-surfing for this thread....

MD, is EJ Manuel at 30 another example of you just trying to slot players in the "general" area, or do you think the Falcons are a good candidate to trade down with a QB-needy team?

How would you feel about the 49ers taking Manuel at 34? Some would call it a weird pick with CK entrenched, but EJ looks like a backup made in heaven.

Sorry. Been in a bunker the past week. I think both Manuel and Nassib get selected late in the first by a team trading up in the 30s or 40s. In fact, I think the team could deal the 31st for a first next year and an extra third this year. I'm guessing that is one scenario that they will come across. Look for the Cards, Bills, Eagles to be teams fighting to get their prospect. I have Geno Smith at 6 to the browns.

To me, Manuel at 31 or 34 doesn't make much sense, even though I have him as my top rated QB in this draft. I do see the team making a late round call for a QB. Maybe Ryan Griffin of Tulane.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Maddog -- you rate corey lemonier at 94--he is one player who seems to have a vert wide range as far as evaluations of where he will fall in the draft--i have seen several publications with mocks listing him as a 1st round pick--what are your thoughts on lemonier? might he be the additional pass rusher niners maqy have been looking for last year in bruce irvin?

I see him as a one dimension guy, with marginal pass rush skills at the next level. Kind of reminds me of Everette Brown from a few years ago. You are that people have hm falling all over the place on their boards. I see him as a late third rounder. Bruce Irvin has a explosive first step. I don't see anything like that in Lemonier.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
bump because I don't like page-surfing for this thread....

MD, is EJ Manuel at 30 another example of you just trying to slot players in the "general" area, or do you think the Falcons are a good candidate to trade down with a QB-needy team?

How would you feel about the 49ers taking Manuel at 34? Some would call it a weird pick with CK entrenched, but EJ looks like a backup made in heaven.

Sorry. Been in a bunker the past week. I think both Manuel and Nassib get selected late in the first by a team trading up in the 30s or 40s. In fact, I think the team could deal the 31st for a first next year and an extra third this year. I'm guessing that is one scenario that they will come across. Look for the Cards, Bills, Eagles to be teams fighting to get their prospect. I have Geno Smith at 6 to the browns.

To me, Manuel at 31 or 34 doesn't make much sense, even though I have him as my top rated QB in this draft. I do see the team making a late round call for a QB. Maybe Ryan Griffin of Tulane.

I wouldn't mind us taking Manuel at the end of the 2nd round. I think he has Kaepernick type talent and would thrive under Harbaugh's tutelage, and be good trade bait in future years when he tears it up in the preseason due to the ridiculous amount of depth we've accumulated over the last few years.
Hey MD, was wondering how many players have actual 1st round grades? From my perspective there are only 18-20 or so.
Some props may be due to MD on Keenan Allen. Judging by the twitterspere today, every NFL writer and scout in the country was shocked by Allen's slow 40 time and now the idea of him "falling" to the 2nd round is huge news.

Meanwhile, MD had him at 36 weeks ago. Obviously it's still not a sure-thing he falls that far, but MD was certainly ahead of the curve of draftnik opinions.
MD,
What about later-round QBs? You no one later than Zac Dysert at #167. The Niners will need at least one more camp arm either through FA or the draft. Who do you guess the Niners might go after?