LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

One last final mock, Lots of trades.

I know I said the last one was my last, but since I tink we are now pretty much done in FA, here you go. Last Mock

Changing it up slightly, although I was happy with my last mock. After predicting the AS for a second to KC trade successfully, Im predicting a trade out of the first round. Along with a few other trades. Actually a lot of movment in this mock

.Notable Trades
-Alex Smith for KC second round pick.
-Trade with Jets(or another QB needy team) for 49ers 1st round pick and two 6th round picks, 49ers gets jets 2nd round, and 3rd round Picks (QB needy team needs to jump up to get their QB)
-Trade two third rounders for mid second pick
-Trade two 7th rounders and 2014 6th for high 2013 6th.
-Trade 4th two 5ths, and a 2014 4th for late 2013 3rd round pick.

Couple big suprises in this draft, and possibly some players being picked higher, and some lower than a lot of people have them getting picked, but all the players are being taken in areas where I think their names will be called, or where their names deserve to be called.

Second Round- Trade with KC for AS
Jesse Williams- DT- Alabama- 6-3, 325, rJR

Second Round- Trade with qb needy team
Phillip Thomas- Fresno State- S- 6-1, 215, rSR

second round- trade for two thirds(Carolina, our own)
Robert Alford- CB- Southeastern Louisiana- 5-11, 185, rSR

Second round:Own pick
Brian Schwenke- C- California- 6-3, 314, Sr

Third Round- QB needy team
JJ Wilcox- SS- Georgia Southern- 5-11, 214, Sr

Third Round- trade listed
Knile Davis- RB- Arkansas- 6-0, 227, rJR

Fourth Round- Likely comp
John Simon- DE- Ohio State- Sr- 6-1- 257

sixth round- trade listed
Ace Sanders- WR- South Carolina- 5-7, 173 Jr

Seventh round: Likely compensatory selection
Brandon Kaufman – WR- Eastern Washington- 6-4, 214 -rJR

Seventh round: Likely compensatory selection
Mark Jackson- OT- Glenville State- 6-6, 335, rSR
Jesse Williams, and John Simon offer great versitility on the line, Alot of people will say simon is a tweener because of his size, and doesnt really fit proper at any position.

I say, while undersized, he could be developed into a 3-4 DE, with great versitility.

These two guys would allow easy transition to 4-3 D against seattle, which they struggled greatly against, and i expect our coachig staff to notice that.

While we will still remain a 3-4 team obviously, i could see us useing alot of 4-3 sets twice a year against Seattle, and These two guys versitility would lend itself greatly to that.

They would also still contribute greatly to 3-4 sets as well, with Williams at NT, and Simon at DE, and also offering options at OLB in a pinch.

Versitility is the name of the game with this defense.
Schwenke in the 2nd? WAY too high. Center isnt THAT critical for the Niners. If you are going to move up for another 2nd rd pick it makes much more sense to target someone like Jamie Collins.

I think you have Phillip Thomas way too high too if you are projecting him at the top of rd 2.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Schwenke in the 2nd? WAY too high. Center isnt THAT critical for the Niners. If you are going to move up for another 2nd rd pick it makes much more sense to target someone like Jamie Collins.

I think you have Phillip Thomas way too high too if you are projecting him at the top of rd 2.

Like i said, alot of people will disagree with placement in this draft. I have players placed where i think they will fall and where i think they are valued.

Schwenke is the best C in the draft IMO. And it is a need. Im not sold on Kilgore or Looney. Schwenke will be a stud for years to come at C.

Thomas IMO, will quite possibly be the best FS in this draft. Huge upside, great football IQ, very coachable, and great physical gifts and instincts.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Like i said, alot of people will disagree with placement in this draft. I have players placed where i think they will fall and where i think they are valued.

Schwenke is the best C in the draft IMO. And it is a need. Im not sold on Kilgore or Looney. Schwenke will be a stud for years to come at C.

Thomas IMO, will quite possibly be the best FS in this draft. Huge upside, great football IQ, very coachable, and great physical gifts and instincts.

They might turn out to be very good but I still believe you have them way too high in your mock.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

They might turn out to be very good but I still believe you have them way too high in your mock.

CBS has Tomas listed as a 2-3, and every mock i have seen that is not extremely hopeful has im going in the second or early third. No way e lasts to the late third like some people are thinking. An early second is not to early to snag your guy if you think hes going to get snagged in the mid second,

Schwenke has been listed as a third rounder, but thats assumeing the other two Centers are better than him. They arent IMO.

This mock, like i said, will piss some people off, because to some it will seem like reaching, I have a feeling with so many draft pics, it will seem like we are reaching in some spots, when in reality we are filling holes with players that we like that we value at those picks.
Share 49ersWebzone