There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Safety Prospects that can play both SS and FS well?

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
ehhh i still don't think Datone falls to us. i see ours going like this:

31. Matt Elam, Florida
34. Margus Hunt, SMU
61. Brandon Williams, Missouri Southern
74. Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
93. Bacarri Rambo, Georgia

Something about Elam doesn't sit right with me.

IMO he is one of the most versatile safeties available. very instinctive with a high IQ on the field. I'd take a shot at him if available, no doubt.

PLEASE NO OLD ROOKIE HUNT N we have alot picks why not trade up 5-8 spots use a few late round picks to get Jones? ??

i'm still baffled that people are willing to bypass Hunt just because he's 25. folks, he's NOT gonna be starting this year, regardless. he's supposed to be here to spell Cowboy/RayMac. what a great group to learn from if you're a d-lineman.

Also, if i'm able to come away from the draft with those five players i've listed, i'd be ECSTATIC

He wont play next yr he's way raw maybe a yr 3 starter N 28+ by then not thanks I don't wanna see 49ers pay bigg for a 30+ yr old 2nd contact Guy N before I hear the we payed Smith bigg money at 28 yrs old just remember Smith came with NFL experience ....

You do realize Steve young was 30 when he finally became our starter...
But 28 oh no how dare we...
Bryant You g played till age 38
Swearinger is pretty good - he should be a 1st round pick in a just world

Swearinger, At**ter-esque?

Originally posted by solidg2000:
ehhh i still don't think Datone falls to us. i see ours going like this:

31. Matt Elam, Florida
34. Margus Hunt, SMU
61. Brandon Williams, Missouri Southern
74. Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
93. Bacarri Rambo, Georgia

Something about Elam doesn't sit right with me.

IMO he is one of the most versatile safeties available. very instinctive with a high IQ on the field. I'd take a shot at him if available, no doubt.

PLEASE NO OLD ROOKIE HUNT N we have alot picks why not trade up 5-8 spots use a few late round picks to get Jones? ??

i'm still baffled that people are willing to bypass Hunt just because he's 25. folks, he's NOT gonna be starting this year, regardless. he's supposed to be here to spell Cowboy/RayMac. what a great group to learn from if you're a d-lineman.

Also, if i'm able to come away from the draft with those five players i've listed, i'd be ECSTATIC

He wont play next yr he's way raw maybe a yr 3 starter N 28+ by then not thanks I don't wanna see 49ers pay bigg for a 30+ yr old 2nd contact Guy N before I hear the we payed Smith bigg money at 28 yrs old just remember Smith came with NFL experience ....

You do realize Steve young was 30 when he finally became our starter...
But 28 oh no how dare we...
Bryant You g played till age 38

Omg really did u not read the part of NFL EXPERIENCE.????
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
Chris Culliver!

People need to stop with this asinine nonsense. Culliver played like the best cornerback on this team for much of the season. He's not moving to safety.

This. Culliver is a potential star corner in the making. Just Watch him become one of the top corners in the league.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I personally think that Tony Jefferson is the best all around safety in this draft..

I know that Xavier Rhodes is listed as a CB, but isn't he someone that people have talked about as a possible FS as well? He seems to have the ideal size and athletic measureables.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 18, 2013 at 4:58 PM ]
Which one can cover Percy Harvin???
Originally posted by 9moon:
I personally think that Tony Jefferson is the best all around safety in this draft..

I don't about best, but I'm big on him as a safety.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
People need to stop with this asinine nonsense. Culliver played like the best cornerback on this team for much of the season. He's not moving to safety.

But he was a safety!

he also returned kicks
And check out David Amerson of NC State Nick. May be listed at corner, but has the football IQ to play on the backend. Plus, think he had lime 13 ints in 2011. (Led the nation)
He excels when the ball is in the air. Has great awareness of reading quarterbacks. His best quality I think in the NFL may be his ability and quickness to cover the slot. Time will tell. Some say he doesn't have smooth hips to change direction. Think he ran a sub 4.4 at the combine.

He may have that "49er" look to him with his versatility to play free safety to the coaches. He would be good value if he lasted to pick 74.

Thanks. I like him. Didnt know he played SS too
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

If we draft this guy and put him at safety, it will almost be a goldson duplicate. Good size, and a ballhawk and good in zone coverage. But like Goldson, he looks like he goes for the big hits instead of the wrap up, but he struggles at making the wrap up tackles. Hopefully our coaches can clean that up if we get him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm gonna say Phillip Thomas, hes got some Ed Reed skills.