There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade our 1st round pick next year, for a 2nd round pick this year??

I know we have a stockpile of picks this year , and I hope we package some late round picks to get into the 4th round again .....

but what would you guys say if we traded our #1 next year, for a 2nd round pick this year?

I know it sounds greedy, and a borderline shoot from the hip kind of move , but this is a very deep draft , we could easily shore things up with the picks we have now, but an additional 2nd rounder would be a nice luxury, maybe we could even grab another QB to groom for down the road, another quality pass rusher, a big physical corner, an explosive tight end to team with Davis ....we have a chance to build a serious ass kicking machine, and after losing the superbowl , we are in win now mode, everyone will be aiming to beat us down, and we could be deep at every single position and have the players to do a lot of things others team could only dream of doing

just an idea ...whats your opinion??? ...no flamethrowers please
Unless a 1st round talent player falls where we would almost HAVE to have him, I say no, keep the 1st rd pick.
Why? we have an insane amout of picks. A QB?

No Just no.

We will ave needs to fill next year, just like every year.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Not a fan of trading future picks away.

We are in a much better position trading both of our 3rd round picks to move back into the 2nd round if there was a guy we wanted to target.
The smart move would be to trade out of some of our picks this year for higher picks next year.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
The smart move would be to trade out of some of our picks this year for higher picks next year.

This. Not the other way round. No way.
No. Our competitive window is through 2020+
Originally posted by English:

This. Not the other way round. No way.

this
That would really be a dumb thing to do.
Much rather trade the 31st for a first round pick next year to an epic fail team like Jags, Raiders, Browns so we get a high 1st next year.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Much rather trade the 31st for a first round pick next year to an epic fail team like Jags, Raiders, Browns so we get a high 1st next year.

No - too much risk. If we're going to trade a pick away for one next year, it needs to be #50 or later.
We already have two 2nd rounders...you don't trade a 1st rd pick unless you're in dire straights, and the Niners are nowhere near that.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
We already have two 2nd rounders...you don't trade a 1st rd pick unless you're in dire straights, and the Niners are nowhere near that.

Exactly, this is foolish.

If anything, we will trade back 10 - 15 spots and pick up a 2014 3rd rounder as compensation.

This.........
No flamethrowers for this? Man, you are really optimistic.