There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Draft Target: Jerry Rice's Cousin Jordan Matthews

I still have us taking him with our 2nd pick in my upcoming 2.0 mock.
Surprised CBS has him ranked 56th, if he lasted to the KC pick I would be ecstatic.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I still have us taking him with our 2nd pick in my upcoming 2.0 mock.

I jumped on board the Moncrief train early on (with J-Matt being my consolation WR draft crush), but I've reversed field after doing more homework. This kid's got intangibles out the wazoo, actually catches (snatches more often than not) the ball with his hands, runs great routes and is fast enough (not a true burner, but big and fast enough to be a downfield threat). Most importantly, there's no question about his work ethic and desire to be great. I really hope we jump on him early in the second.
[ Edited by au8277 on Mar 28, 2014 at 11:34 AM ]
  • DeUh
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Don't you think that if the guy was infrequently caught from behind there'd be evidence of that on his highlight reel? I watch a lot of SEC games by the way and am very familiar with both guys. Hell here in Memphis all we get is Ole Miss and Vandy games due to our location. I've seen both guys play more than twenty times conservatively, probably more. The YouTube highlights have all of their outstanding plays and clearly illustrates the point I was trying to make about Solidg's hyperbolic claim.

I do not get college games.

I do not trust You Tube highlights; I have no way of confirming their accuracy.

You watch the games. If you say that the You Tube high lights are accurate, I will take your word on the points you raised.

And yes the claim was hyperbole.

There's highlights and there's cut ups. I've seen them all, but can you show me him getting caught from behind

I would like to see that too. Running straight down the line with no one in front of him he never got caught from behind !
  • buck
  • Veteran
There's highlights and there's cut ups. I've seen them all, but can you show me him getting caught from behind

No. I can not. I do not get college games down here.

But, I am skeptical when some one claims that x never happens, if that x seems feasible. Just me and my take.

By the way, I am hoping that we draft Matthews.
[ Edited by buck on Mar 28, 2014 at 4:08 PM ]
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Don't you think that if the guy was infrequently caught from behind there'd be evidence of that on his highlight reel? I watch a lot of SEC games by the way and am very familiar with both guys. Hell here in Memphis all we get is Ole Miss and Vandy games due to our location. I've seen both guys play more than twenty times conservatively, probably more. The YouTube highlights have all of their outstanding plays and clearly illustrates the point I was trying to make about Solidg's hyperbolic claim.

I do not get college games.

I do not trust You Tube highlights; I have no way of confirming their accuracy.

You watch the games. If you say that the You Tube high lights are accurate, I will take your word on the points you raised.

And yes the claim was hyperbole.

I would like to see that too. Running straight down the line with no one in front of him he never got caught from behind !

Running away from pursuit seems to be a more commonly uploaded YouTube highlight than getting caught from behind, regardless of the player, or that player's speed. Failing to find a highlight where he gets caught from behind certainly doesn't mean it never happened. That being said, I don't have any problem saying that he appears to run significantly faster with the ball than he does while running routes. My concern is that the separation he tends to generate as a ball carrier does not show up frequently in his deep routes, IMO.
dbl post
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Apr 3, 2014 at 11:07 AM ]
  • pfizz
i would love jordan, but this guy isnt that missing link of that vertical threat from split end or the speedy, quick twitch slot receiver. jordan's hands and route running are way too good and projects to be your primary flanker. i see him as a complete replacement for michael crabtree if we were to lose him in FA.
[ Edited by pfizz on Apr 3, 2014 at 2:53 PM ]
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Surprised CBS has him ranked 56th, if he lasted to the KC pick I would be ecstatic.

ahead of DM but apparently majority of the zoner's think DM is way better prospect. their draft crush has blinded them to the point where their mocks in here have DM going in the 2nd round when in actuality he's a 3rd at best. some have suggested that JM will cost more money. yeah how much more? I thought the NFL has instituted a rookie scale and a 2nd rounder will be had for dirt cheap anyway for their first contract. I've also seen some tote DM as faster, bigger than JM. from what I've gathered they're pretty much the same size(height, weight) and speed. Guess I'm missing something when majority in here claim otherwise.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

ahead of DM but apparently majority of the zoner's think DM is way better prospect. their draft crush has blinded them to the point where their mocks in here have DM going in the 2nd round when in actuality he's a 3rd at best. some have suggested that JM will cost more money. yeah how much more? I thought the NFL has instituted a rookie scale and a 2nd rounder will be had for dirt cheap anyway for their first contract. I've also seen some tote DM as faster, bigger than JM. from what I've gathered they're pretty much the same size(height, weight) and speed. Guess I'm missing something when majority in here claim otherwise.

I luv N want both JM N DM .... I think most on herd are wanting DM for tha higher upside they see in him ..i think alot on here believe JM has reached his peak N he'll be good just not as good as MD as some see MD as a Josh Gordon type WR ..
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I luv N want both JM N DM .... I think most on herd are wanting DM for tha higher upside they see in him ..i think alot on here believe JM has reached his peak N he'll be good just not as good as MD as some see MD as a Josh Gordon type WR ..

how can a player from Vandy be a finished product. and what makes them believe one is finished the other isn't.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
matthews is going to have 2-star legs in a 3 to 5-star league.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

how can a player from Vandy be a finished product. and what makes them believe one is finished the other isn't.

I have no clue just what i have gathered frm reading others posts around here mostly its tha thinkiin of DM has tha look N size of Josh Gordon N thats all they need around here....I'd be happy with either one i just think if we wanted JM we have to move up in tha 2nd round between 10-12 spots ...i dont believe JM will be around at #56 ...
Originally posted by xcfan:
matthews is going to have 2-star legs in a 3 to 5-star league.

What?