There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Draft Target: Jerry Rice's Cousin Jordan Matthews

  • DeUh
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,200
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I'm in for Matthews...but I'd like to get him and Moncrief both.

Wouldn't be upset at all with this.

Nope me neither. Both could do very well in our scheme !
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM ]
There may be a tendency for some to dismiss Matthews as a reaction to an over reaction becuase of the Rice connection...just as many think Stanford players have a better shot at being drafted by the niners and then some react against that thinking.

But Matthews work ethic is said to be Rice-like and his production is really impressive...so he should be judged apart from any connection to the legend. Many mocks have the niners picking him and that would be great!
  • DeUh
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,200
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
There may be a tendency for some to dismiss Matthews as a reaction to an over reaction becuase of the Rice connection...just as many think Stanford players have a better shot at being drafted by the niners and then some react against that thinking.

But Matthews work ethic is said to be Rice-like and his production is really impressive...so he should be judged apart from any connection to the legend. Many mocks have the niners picking him and that would be great!

This.
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,200
Has anyone really understood what numbers Matthews put up

Bench:

Matthews
Arm length 33 1 /4 Reps 21

Ebron
Arm length 33 1 / 4 Reps 24

or another example

Matthews
3-Con 6.95 S.Shuttle 4.18

Watkins
3-Con 6.95 S.Shuttle 4.34


That was crazy !

Originally posted by DeUh:
Has anyone really understood what numbers Matthews put up

Bench:

Matthews
Arm length 33 1 /4 Reps 21

Ebron
Arm length 33 1 / 4 Reps 24

or another example

Matthews
3-Con 6.95 S.Shuttle 4.18

Watkins
3-Con 6.95 S.Shuttle 4.34


That was crazy !


And biggest hands of all WRs.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Has anyone really understood what numbers Matthews put up

Bench:

Matthews
Arm length 33 1 /4 Reps 21

Ebron
Arm length 33 1 / 4 Reps 24

or another example

Matthews
3-Con 6.95 S.Shuttle 4.18

Watkins
3-Con 6.95 S.Shuttle 4.34


That was crazy !


And biggest hands of all WRs.

And quickness trumps straightline speed in football!
Still no word on Jordan Matthews' 10 yard split? This is weird. If they have his 40 time how do they not have his 10 time?
Might have to trade up if we want him now after the combine he's had
My draft crush I would love to snag him in the first. Even with Boldin re-signed.
the limited highlights i can see of him this dude does not ever get caught from behind, he seems to run away from defenders consistently for a man of his size
everyone seems to be on the Moncrief bandwagon, and deservedly so, but i'm sticking to the Jordan Matthews bandwagon right now
I have us drafting him in the 2nd. He has good enough speed to to stretch the D while still have the toughness and ability to beat the jam and get open without having to be schemed open.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
everyone seems to be on the Moncrief bandwagon, and deservedly so, but i'm sticking to the Jordan Matthews bandwagon right now

Idk about deservedly so. While I like Moncrief, Matthews is clearly the better prospect. He out preformed Moncrief while having no one else. He was their only passing threat.
He had more or less 50% of the passing yards and TD passes in the last 3 years.
Moncreif had a slightly disappointing year. Miss had a freshman get more targets and catches then Moncreif.
I like the kid, but he's still a 3rd rounder to me. Idc that he ran a 4.40
Matthews was a early 2nd, he might of shown enough to be a late 1st guy. This kid is just too good to not be a first rounder.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
everyone seems to be on the Moncrief bandwagon, and deservedly so, but i'm sticking to the Jordan Matthews bandwagon right now

Idk about deservedly so. While I like Moncrief, Matthews is clearly the better prospect. He out preformed Moncrief while having no one else. He was their only passing threat.
He had more or less 50% of the passing yards and TD passes in the last 3 years.
Moncreif had a slightly disappointing year. Miss had a freshman get more targets and catches then Moncreif.
I like the kid, but he's still a 3rd rounder to me. Idc that he ran a 4.40
Matthews was a early 2nd, he might of shown enough to be a late 1st guy. This kid is just too good to not be a first rounder.

other than what they produced in college, teams are probably looking at potential. a guy like matthews, IMO, is a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald, but could be seen as someone with a low ceiling. Moncrief seems to have more untapped potential and has been compared to Josh Gordon. I'd be happy with either in the late 2nd/early 3rd, but i'm all for Matthews right now. just seems like the type of guy that wants to perfect his craft every chance he gets.
He'll be on the Seahawks radar as well.