There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Draft Target: Jerry Rice's Cousin Jordan Matthews

Measured in at 6'2 5/8th and 209lbs with a ridiculously big wingspan of 80 1/8th.
my draft crush! get this man in the 2nd/3rd
I'm surprised this guy has not gotten alot of attn like other Wide outs coming out this year this kid is a beast & at 6'3" 210 lbs this kid can be a force in the league for years to come im sure once he goes pro Jerry will reach out to him & help him develop ESPECIALLY if the Niners draft him, shoot if Jerry reached out to that bum Jenkins why wouldnt he reach out to fam, deft use one of our 2nds on him

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I'm surprised this guy has not gotten alot of attn like other Wide outs coming out this year this kid is a beast & at 6'3" 210 lbs this kid can be a force in the league for years to come im sure once he goes pro Jerry will reach out to him & help him develop ESPECIALLY if the Niners draft him, shoot if Jerry reached out to that bum Jenkins why wouldnt he reach out to fam, deft use one of our 2nds on him

big fan of Matthews. performed very well as the only consistent target at Vandy. only reason he isn't getting as much attention is because ppl think he may have reached his ceiling already. i don't necessarily believe it, but his speed is in question and his get off at the line.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

big fan of Matthews. performed very well as the only consistent target at Vandy. only reason he isn't getting as much attention is because ppl think he may have reached his ceiling already. i don't necessarily believe it, but his speed is in question and his get off at the line.
Agreed

That or maybe cuz poor man Rodgers was throwing to him im sure a big strong arm QB can change the critics minds quickly the way this kids goes after the ball, he hasn't reached his peak hes just getting started & the reason he looks like a 2nd rounder rather then a 1st bcuz of all the depth at WR this year the class is stacked & others have gotten ahead of him for that very reason. Put him in last years draft class & am sure he goes in the top 20
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Measured in at 6'2 5/8th and 209lbs with a ridiculously big wingspan of 80 1/8th.

Seems like the build of the prototypical west coast offense WR. I get visions of quick slants being taken for 80 yard TDs .
Just like Jerry Rice
A better football player then athlete
Jordan Matthews is what Jerry Rice Jr should of been lol
  • DeUh
At this point watching the tapes hands down my favorite reciever in this class. Tape and stats dont lie. Polished rout runner, excellent hand-eye coordination, tough as nails, excellent run blocker. He gives you 100 percent every single snap. He fits the 49ers to a teeth. - All time leader with 262 rec and 3759 yds in SEC history -
Do eets! Draft him!
Originally posted by cools:
Would be cool if he ended up a Niner and Rice asked him to ware #80

"ware"?

Its cool that hes related to Rice, but it was Rice's work ethic that made him a legend, not so much genetics.
  • DeUh
Originally posted by Niners99:
"ware"?

Its cool that hes related to Rice, but it was Rice's work ethic that made him a legend, not so much genetics.

And thats exactly what Matthews is known for.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by Niners99:
"ware"?

And thats exactly what Matthews is known for.

Pretty much. I'm fine with either Matthews or Landry as one of the receivers we should draft. He's as much of a finished product, ready to start from day one as there is in this draft.
Both Matthews and Landry are the opposite of what we need right now. We have solid built wr's that lack breakaway speed, we have a roster full of them. We need receivers that get consistent separation and can stretch a defense. Receivers like Lee or Cooks... or if we go later in the draft then Abedderis/Herron/Archer.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Both Matthews and Landry are the opposite of what we need right now. We have solid built wr's that lack breakaway speed, we have a roster full of them. We need receivers that get consistent separation and can stretch a defense. Receivers like Lee or Cooks... or if we go later in the draft then Abedderis/Herron/Archer.

You don't need a speedster
The best WR tandem in the NFL today is Jeffreys and Marshall. Both run 4.5s

A few years back the best tandem was Boldin (4.71) and Fitzgerald (4.63)
[ Edited by solidg2000 on Feb 11, 2014 at 9:11 PM ]