There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WR Terrel Sinkfield NIU - 40 time..... 4.19

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/03/04/13/WR-Sinkfield-runs-blazing-419-40-yard-da/landing_gophers.html?blockID=873523&feedID=3697

I guess the pro day stopwatches aren't to be trusted? (4.27, 4.19, 4.41(rerun from disbelief)) Regardless, he might just have gotten himself drafted with this performance. His excuse with his production was that his first few seasons were with a running QB and his last season was with a rookie QB. If you look at the highlight reels he is making an awful lot of adjustments and stops for under thrown balls.
Thats called "Technique". That helps out so much on a 40 but damn that is super fast.
Is there a vid on this?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Is there a vid on this?

Not that I've seen... I don't think Pro Days are as big of a deal as the combine. It sounds like the D-II and D-III guys weren't even doing their drills in the same area as the D-I players.
Hey kid, have fun on the Raiders.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

LOL. If Al was still around: With the third pick in the 2013 NFL Draft...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRdpwdoUxI&feature=player_detailpage
[ Edited by 94605NiNer on Mar 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM ]
It comes down to you just cant take the pro day 40 times with much credibility. I go to all the Toledo pro days and I'll always bring a stop watch just to see what players run. The only problem is everyone gets a different time. And the scouts don't always have the best angles to see when the player has actually passed the finish line so that can add to the difference in 40 times. Ive only been to Toledo pro days so im sure its different from team to team. I'll ask some of the guys from UT if they think Sinkfield is that fast.
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Is there a vid on this?

Not that I've seen... I don't think Pro Days are as big of a deal as the combine. It sounds like the D-II and D-III guys weren't even doing their drills in the same area as the D-I players.

he's div 1 fcs... all this means is the kid is really really fast, his tape looks pretty good too
For a dude supposedly that fast, he sure gets no separation.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

LOL. If Al was still around: With the third pick in the 2013 NFL Draft...

psssh...al davis would of traded up in the 1st to get him
There's quite a bit of skepticism about that timing...here's the BL: he caught 43 balls for 499 yds (11.6 per catch) and 4 TD's...the longest of which was 32 yds. If he was really that fast, don't you think his numbers would reflect it? Speed is great...but you have to catch the ball and then do something with it. His numbers are pretty pedestrian...so in my mind, no matter what he ran the 40 in, it doesn't pass the "so what" test.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
There's quite a bit of skepticism about that timing...here's the BL: he caught 43 balls for 499 yds (11.6 per catch) and 4 TD's...the longest of which was 32 yds. If he was really that fast, don't you think his numbers would reflect it? Speed is great...but you have to catch the ball and then do something with it. His numbers are pretty pedestrian...so in my mind, no matter what he ran the 40 in, it doesn't pass the "so what" test.

I'm not advocating for the guy and as skeptical as most, but if you look at the highlight reel he has no QB that can get the ball to him deep. It looks like everything he catches he has to stop for or come back to.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
He is going from being undrafted to being undrafted
NFL.com says he stumbled off the start in his 3rd try
It's pretty clear his QBs were terrible