There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers on the clock, what would you do?

Desmond Trufant then Tavon Austin or Justin Hunter at #34.
Originally posted by valrod33:
since the Chiefs and Jags ended up with the same record they rotate spots in every round. in the 3rd round the chiefs will have the top pickm in the 4th round it will be the jags again
ohh ok. thanks for the help.
Originally posted by blm7754:
I don't think 11 DL guys will go in the 1st. But if that happens, a lot of other quality players will fall. I'd do this without a doubt:

31: Desmond Trufant CB

34: Jessie Williams NT

63: Justin Hunter WR

Reading my mind !!
Jessie Williams
Tyler Eifert. Him or Tavon Austin.
Originally posted by kush:
Alex Okafor
Tavon Austin
DeAndre Hopkins
Tyler Eifert
Jesse Williams
J. Banks

You could not f**k this one up if you tried.

McLoughan could. He'd take Sylvester Williams.

I'd take Eifert if Walker leaves, Austin if K.Williams' rehab is going slowly, Banks/Trufant if we can dump Rogers, or Trade back and secure Hopkins/Hunter, B. Williams, and Hunt later
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Mar 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
McLoughan could. He'd take Sylvester Williams.

I'd take Eifert if Walker leaves, Austin if K.Williams' rehab is going slowly, Banks/Trufant if we can dump Rogers, or Trade back and secure Hopkins/Hunter, B. Williams, and Hunt later

id still keep rogers, draft Trufant/Banks, and let Cox and Brock battle for that last CB spot. Rogers may not be a #1, but if Brown and Cully get the 1 and 2 spot, Rogers isnt a bad #3. and if Trufant/Banks come in and play well at the NFL level, Rogers could end up on trade block to open up more Cap and we can pick up brock/cox out of FA. Just a scenario. Idk how realistic.

KW's rehab was supposed to be ahead of schedule so im thinkin more about Manningham's rehab going slowly.

edit: I dont want Banks, I want Rhodes
[ Edited by martysofresh on Mar 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM ]
I love Desmond Trufant

But where did you get this draft projection? No way Moore from Texas A&M goes 3 after his bad combine.
Trufant
Austin
Eifert
Hunt

Possible D Combo of 31/34....Trufant/Hunt
Possible O Combo of 31/34....Austin/Eifert
Possible BPA combo of 31/34....Trufant/Austin
Possible Worst case 31/34.....Eifert/Hunt

SIGN ME UP FOR ANY OF THOSE!!!!!!!
Johnthan Banks.

He was widely considered the best cornerback in college football and in this draft until he had an injury and then posted some bad times at the Combine. This guy literally dominated wide receivers at the college level, if teams are dumb enough to let him fall all the way to 31, then he's a hell of a steal.

Tall, physical cornerback is an absolute ballhawk and playmaker. He's not the fastest cornerback but his coverage abilities are exceptional. He has great, fluid movement for a big corner as well. He's great in support of the run game, doesn't get blocked very easy, attacks and blows up run plays to the outside...screens...etc, very hard hitter.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM ]
Tavon Austin without a doubt give CK7 another weapon on the offense imagine how dangerous
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Johnthan Banks.

He was widely considered the best cornerback in college football and in this draft until he had an injury and then posted some bad times at the Combine. This guy literally dominated wide receivers at the college level, if teams are dumb enough to let him fall all the way to 31, then he's a hell of a steal.

Tall, physical cornerback is an absolute ballhawk and playmaker. He's not the fastest cornerback but his coverage abilities are exceptional. He has great, fluid movement for a big corner as well.

I think Trufant has passed him up now.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

According to who and for what reason?

Banks was ranked at the top of the draft boards all season long but Trufant has a few good workouts and all of a sudden he's on top? Performance wise in college, Banks was the better player. If Banks falls to 31, some GM's really do deserve to be fired.

I like Trufant, but would never take him over Banks. Dontari Poe moved up A LOT of spots simply based on his offseason workouts last year......it didn't work out so great for the Chiefs considering the talent they could have had.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM ]
Banks and Trufant is like 1a or 1b as far as being available at 31. I'd lean towards Banks because I like his size to be able to compete with receivers like Larry Fitz and the ATL boys.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

According to who and for what reason?

Banks was ranked at the top of the draft boards all season long but Trufant has a few good workouts and all of a sudden he's on top? Performance wise in college, Banks was the better player. If Banks falls to 31, some GM's really do deserve to be fired.

I like Trufant, but would never take him over Banks. Dontari Poe moved up A LOT of spots simply based on his offseason workouts last year......it didn't work out so great for the Chiefs considering the talent they could have had.

NFL.com
"Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State: Banks suffered through a miserable workout in front of a sizable contingent of coaches, scouts and general managers. The Mississippi State star ran a pedestrian 4.61-second 40-yard dash, logged just 10 reps on the bench press and failed to display impressive movement skills in the positional workout. The combination of disappointing numbers raised more questions about Banks' ability to keep up with explosive receivers on the perimeter. Although Banks still has an opportunity to make amends at his pro day in a few weeks, he will certainly see his stock dip a little after the combine."