There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kickers

Dawson is 39 and he is going to start getting old on us. It may be time for a younger kicker.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
BUMP

I'm all about drafting a young kicker this year. Once again, we have lots of picks and our kicker (Dawson) is a free agent

Sure, some of you may like Dawson's field goal abilities, but these last two years, I'm sure our team would be better off having a young guy who kicks it through the back of the end zone. In last year's super Bowl and last week's game, a very good return gave the other team momentum.

C'Mon Baalke, lets get a young, rocket-legged kicker! (I have no idea who's coming out this year)

I think that Harbaugh/Baalke have shown that they have no intention of drafting a kicker. They'll ride experienced veterans until the wheels fall off.

This. And then when the wheels come off, they will probably bring in another vet lol. I honestly did prefer we drafted one last year, but Dawson did alright by us in 2013. I do think at some point (maybe 2016) we should get a rookie kicker. My only worry (and perhaps the worry of this coaching staff) is that kickers can be very shaky. You just never know. When our offense gets the point where we aren't so dependent on those 3 points, they may be ok with going with a rookie kicker.
I want Dawson resigned period, he won a lot of games for us and was great. He's not the best KO guy in the world but that shouldn't really cost us if our coverage team does their jobs. Best case scenario IMO would be to retain Dawson on a 1-2 year deal and draft a kicker between rounds 5-7 and stash him on the PS.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I want Dawson resigned period, he won a lot of games for us and was great. He's not the best KO guy in the world but that shouldn't really cost us if our coverage team does their jobs. Best case scenario IMO would be to retain Dawson on a 1-2 year deal and draft a kicker between rounds 5-7 and stash him on the PS.

This!