There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Matt Barkley

I know we have our QB of the future but if I were a team that needed a qb, I'd be willing to draft Barkley and draft him EARLY.

Dude is vastly underrated from what I've seen of him. He's got great touch, balance, and feet in the pocket, and goes through his progressions well. What I really like is his anticipation and timing, perfect WCO qb imo.

I know a lot of people have a USC bashing bias, but dude can ball out.

These are highlights for Robert Woods (who I think we SHOULD go after), but Barkley clearly shows tools in this video. Side note: Max Wittek has dat arm

barkley measured a bit better than expected--a little over 6-2--that should raise his draft stock some
Originally posted by hofer36:
barkley measured a bit better than expected--a little over 6-2--that should raise his draft stock some

Other than arm strength, he seems to grade above average to excellent in every category. Not particularly fast, but he should be a solid NFL starter. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a top 15 pick, just because of the demand for the position.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

My "spies" say @mattbarkley was in prime form throwing today at Jon Gruden's QB camp. Very strong.
Honestly the bad senior season hurt his stock a little but I still think he's a good qb. How quickly have people forgotten that he was projected to win everything this year (heisman, national championship) and go no.1 in the draft.

I think he goes to Arizona and the cardinals draft a USC qb that actually pans out to something decent
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Honestly the bad senior season hurt his stock a little but I still think he's a good qb. How quickly have people forgotten that he was projected to win everything this year (heisman, national championship) and go no.1 in the draft.

I think he goes to Arizona and the cardinals draft a USC qb that actually pans out to something decent

You got jokes huh?
He is probably going to have the best career out of all the USC quarterbacks, though that isn't hard to do
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Rather wait and take my chances with Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray or Landry Jones.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Greg Cosell ‏@gregcosell

I've seen Barkley throw more than 250 passes. He does not drive the ball. His intermediate + deeper throws lose energy on the back end.

Lack of arm strength means he must be outstanding in other traits, like timing, anticipation, accuracy, pocket movement, etc. Inconsistent.

For those new to following me, I don't deal with hype. And I've been wrong, believe me. But it's hard to overcome arm strength limitations.

Barkley can be a starter but he will need a lot of team with him: run game foundation, quality WR, top defense, strong special teams.

Asked about Barkley/Dalton comparison. Had highly respected exec. tell me Dalton was 10 in every category exc arm strength. There he was a 4
[ Edited by Jcool on Mar 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM ]