There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No-Brainer in 1st Round - WR Robert Woods USC

the first pick should be a defensive back.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
we're not taking another wr in the 1st

At least I hope we don't
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
the first pick should be a defensive back.

Our first pick should not be a quarterback, a linebacker, an offensive lineman, a running back, a kicker, or a punter.

Our first pick should be the best player available at a position of major need-- nose tackle, defensive end, wide receiver, safety, corner back, or tight end.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 26, 2013 at 4:59 AM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
USC skill position guys always suck. Too Hollywood, soft, and not hard workers. They blow.
if under 6'3", do not want.
Not even the best receiver on the USC Trojans last year. That was Marquise Lee. Sorry, but he isn't the guy at #31.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
we're not taking another wr in the 1st
This.

They will not use a first pick on a WR. Not after last year.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Who really trusts USC players anymore.
You guys are all draft experts now?

I see nothing about this dudes game that warrants the labels: "2nd receiver at next level, soft, etc". Dude can play. I dont even like USC but some of you guys let your hatred for USC/pete carroll/ kiffen blind your objective judgement
I think a steal in the third, but not a first. Like usual it depends on how the players fall in this draft. Looks like an awesome slot reciever imo, not a 1 or even 2 WR. He looks explosive in the youtube video!
[ Edited by tbyrdc3 on Feb 26, 2013 at 7:32 AM ]
Originally posted by spizzy:
You guys are all draft experts now?

I see nothing about this dudes game that warrants the labels: "2nd receiver at next level, soft, etc". Dude can play. I dont even like USC but some of you guys let your hatred for USC/pete carroll/ kiffen blind your objective judgement

It's not hatred (not to say I don't hate them, but the hatred is not relevant here). USC players, ESPECIALLY WRs, have generally underwhelmed in recent years. For every Clay Matthews or Brian "I Like-a Da Juice" Cushing, you have a handful of Mark Sanchez, Matt Leinart, Rey Malaluga, Dwayne Jarrett, Mike Williams, R Jay Soward, Ronald Johnson, and Taylor Mays.

Playing on the most talented teams, where you can count on most of your teammates to consistently win their 1-on-1 match-ups, is bound to make a player look better than they are.
lol @ highlight film speed being turned up
Good value in the low 2nd to early 3rd. If 49ers brass really likes him we got options to get him.
dont want wr in the first round.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
This.

They will not use a first pick on a WR. Not after last year.

Exactly. ..that guy's been hanging around Matt Millen too much