There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No-Brainer in 1st Round - WR Robert Woods USC

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Not to mention
Cordarelle Patterson
Keenan Allen

Now, if it was his teammate at USC, Marquise Lee, I would be fully on board..

Well I assumed both those guys would be well off the board before then.


I agree on Lee, he'll likely go fairly early whenever he comes out.

I don't think you should draft him in the first, because he will probably be around in the later rounds. I do like him though. I think he played through an ankle injury his senior year and it showed. His previous three years he looked like their best wide receiver, which is better than a guy who only shows up his last year. He is USC's all time leading receiver. I do think Lee is better, but Lee is rediculous.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by buck:
- Five Star recruit coming out of high school

This is irrelevant.

This, not sure why people bring these bygone superlatives.


"Back in 7th Grade, Jimmy got a golden ribbon for finishing first in the St Joseph's Parochial School free-throwing shooting competition".....that's just about as relevant.

Bruce Miller's HS TE experience came in handy.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,377
Last name Woods....nuff said!!

(No just kidding)

But seriously though, USC receivers suck at the next level.
I can see Pete Carroll drafting Stanford's (TE) Zach Ertz to irk Harbaugh and make this rivalry heat up even more, and I can also see Harbaugh drafting Woods and design plays around him each time we play Carroll and the Hawks..
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Bruce Miller's HS TE experience came in handy.

But did he win a golden ribbon for his free-throwing excellence? I think not!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,377
Originally posted by 9moon:
I can see Pete Carroll drafting Stanford's (TE) Zach Ertz to irk Harbaugh and make this rivalry heat up even more, and I can also see Harbaugh drafting Woods and design plays around him each time we play Carroll and the Hawks..

But Woods is not a Carroll player?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Bruce Miller's HS TE experience came in handy.

But did he win a golden ribbon for his free-throwing excellence? I think not!

Damn, foiled again!
I like Woods but he is not a blazer. He ran a 4.51 which is good but not great. I think he is quicker than he is fast, although he has good speed. I personally would rather the niners draft one of the taller corners available in the draft or a defensive lineman with the first rounder but if they view Woods as the BPA at #31 I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a WR.
no more people from usc please!!!
Originally posted by E-49er:
I like Woods but he is not a blazer. He ran a 4.51 which is good but not great. I think he is quicker than he is fast, although he has good speed. I personally would rather the niners draft one of the taller corners available in the draft or a defensive lineman with the first rounder but if they view Woods as the BPA at #31 I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a WR.


I think Crab ran the same 40 time as well.
I would prefer to go defense with the first pick though. DL or CB
I'd rather move up 6 spots and draft a kicking coach from Rutgers.
I'd rather move up 6 spots and draft a kicking coach from Rutgers.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
we're not taking another wr in the 1st
You wanna bet?
He reminds me of another SC receiver that played with the Giants, Steve Smith. Smith is a bit shorter but was headed for a great career until he blew out his knee. With all the studs on the D-Line available at 31 I don't think Woods will see the first round. There is so much hype with SC players many never measure up.