LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

4 round draft

Well here's my stab at the 1st 4 rounds of our draft.

1. Jonathan Hankins DT/DE (not as a NT, but as a DE on run downs and DT on passing downs) future starter at RE
2. Logan Ryan CB
3. Justin Hunter WR
3. Brandon Jenkins DE (rotational pass rusher with Aldon and Ahmad. Ahmad may not like this because his salary may go down with less sacks)
3. (trade up) Bacarri Rambo S
4 (comp.) Montori Hughes DT (future starter at NT)

Rounds 5-7: comp picks used for back-ups and the rest used to trade up or trade for picks next year.
I like it, the only thing I'd change is the Rambo pick. I like Swearinger at safety more.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:

1. Jonathan Hankins DT/DE (not as a NT, but as a DE on run downs and DT on passing downs) future starter at RE
2. Logan Ryan CB
3. Justin Hunter WR
3. Brandon Jenkins DE (rotational pass rusher with Aldon and Ahmad. Ahmad may not like this because his salary may go down with less sacks)

Rounds 5-7: comp picks used for back-ups and the rest used to trade up or trade for picks next year.

I'd draft Hopkins K from Florida st in the 5th and trade everything else I could. Nice mock

Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:

2. Logan Ryan CB
3. Justin Hunter WR

Justin Hunter - My most favortie receiver. He has the speed and length to blow the roof off a defense. He needs to put on some muscle so he can take advantage of that when the CB sets in soft coverage.

Brandon Jenkins - This guy was going to go top 10. He's Aldon Smith 2.0. I really hope we can get another pure pass rusher. Were going to have to pick him up in the first 3 rounds but we need depth at OLB and an extra pass rusher to rotate or sub in for Brooks is a very entertaining thought.

I don't care to much for drafting Hankins because I think those big dudes in 1st round are such a high gamble. We don't even need a first round talent at NT but if we were to get one I would want him to have better pass rushing skills then Hankins. Hankins, though he prolly has the 3rd best pass rushing skill at NT in this draft he really isn't that impressive in that area. But he can play DE, DT in nickle and NT so he definitly provides a valuable utility to the line.

Good mock though sir.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
1. Matt Elam- S
2.Corey Lemonier- DE
3.Tyrann Mathieu- CB
3.Ryan Swope- WR
4. William Gholston- DT

The perfect draft (for me atleast)
Share 49ersWebzone