LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Who knows anything about datone jones?

This dude has BUST written all over him.

We're better off drafting that dude that has YOLO tatted on his face
Statistically speaking, there have been more successful Margus's than Datones. Margus Ragnard (Rolf) Rasmussen, for example, was one of the youngest Viking sea captains in history, and I think we can both agree that post modern dance would not be the same without Margus Svardsson. So yes, I'd rather have a Margus.
Datone has been a favorite of mine for a while now... really want him more than any other with our # 31.. and wouldn't even mind if we traded up to make sure we get him. Moved inside our D, he has the quickness, power, and determination to be an outstanding heir apparent to Justin. He can also easily play anywhere on the line when we go to Nickel.

Right now, a favorite start to the draft for me is:

# 31 - Datone Jones - DE - UCLA
# 34 - Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz - TE - ND/Stanford

trade up with # 61 + # 93 to get inside the top 50 to select:

# 50 - D.J. Swearinger or Eric Reid - S - SC/LSU
# 76 - Aaron Dobson - WR - Marshall
#127 - BPA on CB or rush LB

then trade back up with the large number of late picks for BPA on CB or rush LB not taken the pick prior

... something like that is ideal for me.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Wow, really? People are opposed to drafting a guy because of his name? Probably some of the same that are okay with drafting a guy named Margus. Come on now y'all

do you know anybody that has ever succeeded named Datone? .... no

but you have heard of somebody succeeding by the name of Fred

Can somebody (a mod) please get rid of these posts about his name? This part of the forum is one of the few reasons I read WZ and I don't need to read stuff that doesn't have any importance.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Can somebody (a mod) please get rid of these posts about his name? This part of the forum is one of the few reasons I read WZ and I don't need to read stuff that doesn't have any importance.

as if you've contributed anything productive to this thread... at least we made a valid observation.
Jones will be gone before our pick. We'd have to trade up for him. He's been rising up draft boards since the senior bowl and continued to impress with his combine performance.
I've been hearing his name all over the place, his stock has already risen out of range of the 31 pick. I like him though.
UCLA's anthony barr had such success this past season as a premier pass rusher because datone jones was on the inside occupying multiple blockers, allowing barr to swoop in and get the sack. Does Jones sound like anyone we know? the next justin smith
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Jones will be gone before our pick. We'd have to trade up for him. He's been rising up draft boards since the senior bowl and continued to impress with his combine performance.

nah for now, he is still considered a early 2nd round pick but he could see a draft day burst like bruce irvin did

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
UCLA's anthony barr had such success this past season as a premier pass rusher because datone jones was on the inside occupying multiple blockers, allowing barr to swoop in and get the sack. Does Jones sound like anyone we know? the next justin smith

I'd love that.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Wow, really? People are opposed to drafting a guy because of his name? Probably some of the same that are okay with drafting a guy named Margus. Come on now y'all

do you know anybody that has ever succeeded named Datone? .... no

but you have heard of somebody succeeding by the name of Fred

I had never heard of a successful Aldon either but.....

Well he wasnt very successful except for when a dude named justin was in front of him.

So now Aldon is no good?

not unless there's a dude with a normal name in front of him

its unfortunate really

Thaks for the buzz kill.
I know he'll be long gone before 31. Way too versatile and talented.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Just not feelin his name.

DON'T WANT

Didn't you say DON'T WANT on drafting Kaepernick? Now I really want this guy
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

nah for now, he is still considered a early 2nd round pick but he could see a draft day burst like bruce irvin did

Trust me, hes worked his way into the 20s. Highly doubt he makes it to 31.
Share 49ersWebzone