There are 250 users in the forums

My Top WR's Tavon Austin & Markus Wheaton

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
We shall see who's predictions are best. I'll be back!

You're on bro.

My boy Tavon Austin ran a 4.25! Wow! Better than Percy Harvin! wow!

.01 away from tieing the fastest ever at the combine right?

Yes I know he is smaller than Harvin but has not had injuries like him.

Chris Johnson was the fastest. I'm with you on Austin. He'll be better than Desean Jackson and more explosive than Steve Smith.

Official scores are not out yet but he sure did way better than I expected. 3 cone drill & 20 yrd shuttle should be interesting for him.
Official scores are not out yet but he sure did way better than I expected. 3 cone drill & 20 yrd shuttle should be interesting for him.

Meh, the unofficial 40 times are good enough for me.
We shall see who's predictions are best. I'll be back!

You're on bro.

Tavon Austin 4.25 & Markus Wheaton 4.34

your boy Patton 4.46
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I was big on mellette, but am really high on Kaufman and think he adds the physicality and sie we really need. Mellette has the size as well, and more athleticism, but i think Kaufman will be a better bargain.

I also like Ace Sanders for his ability to instantly upgrade ST.

None of these guys are top prospects, but i feel they add the aspects that we need at a bargain.

I think we have bigger needs in the early rounds.

I would also target Mark harrison, and Luke Tasker as UDFA's.

Ace Sanders stock just dropped 4.53
Kauffman 4.53 & Mellette 4.47
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I was big on mellette, but am really high on Kaufman and think he adds the physicality and sie we really need. Mellette has the size as well, and more athleticism, but i think Kaufman will be a better bargain.

I also like Ace Sanders for his ability to instantly upgrade ST.

None of these guys are top prospects, but i feel they add the aspects that we need at a bargain.

I think we have bigger needs in the early rounds.

I would also target Mark harrison, and Luke Tasker as UDFA's.

Ace Sanders stock just dropped 4.53
Kauffman 4.53 & Mellette 4.47

Ace sanders was never gonna run a blazeing 40. His speed is in his quickness and his break your ankles change of direction. never was an extreme burner.
Wheaton looked awful in the gauntlet. Dropped almost every ball one time through and the ones he "caught" were bobbles that got into his body.

Robert Woods looks like a player. Polished with the hands, can find the ball, solid speed and great college production.
Quinton Patton shats on either one of those clowns.

No bias.

You know what the best thing is if we take Patton? We wouldn't have to ignore DE or NT at pick 31 to get him.

With that said, I hope these receivers keep putting up nice numbers to ensure more defensive lineman fall to us.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Feb 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM ]
Wheaton dropping it in the out-route drill too. Vernon and Woods looking good.
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
Wheaton looked awful in the gauntlet. Dropped almost every ball one time through and the ones he "caught" were bobbles that got into his body.

Robert Woods looks like a player. Polished with the hands, can find the ball, solid speed and great college production.

Obviously you didn't see his first time around he caught everything

Just saw him drop the out route and the fly route too. Maybe he's having a bad day, or maybe he just doesn't have good hands. Don't think Woods or Vernon have let anything hit the ground yet (and I hate Duke so BOOOO to vernon, even if he has great hands).

Wheaton dropping it in the out-route drill too. Vernon and Woods looking good.

He ain't perfect but he has talent and Mayock loves this guy as well. Ryan Swope is another guy who is blowing me away!

Just saw him drop the out route and the fly route too. Maybe he's having a bad day, or maybe he just doesn't have good hands. Don't think Woods or Vernon have let anything hit the ground yet (and I hate Duke so BOOOO to vernon, even if he has great hands).

The out was terrible route from him but the fly route was underthrown tough play. Ryan Swope from A&M is surprising everyone
We have way more picks than spot on this rostern. We need to trade up and get a stud instead of guys that wont see the field...like Jenkins.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Tavon Austin 4.25 & Markus Wheaton 4.34

your boy Patton 4.46

Austin: 4.34

Wheaton: 4.45
To me, drafting wide receivers and quarterbacks are the most unpredictable positions to draft. That being said, I would trust drafting Robert Woods. He looks ready to go right away and he isn't such a developmental player. I do wonder about his ankle a little bit, but I don't think it's serious. If anything I think it is what is dropping him down draft boards, because it hurt his senior season.
Share 49ersWebzone