There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Take RB Marcus Lattimore late 3rd Round & Redshirt him

He got a standing ovation at his Pro Day today. I don't think he'll be there in the late 3rd.
His running style reminds me of Marcus Allen. Draft him, put him on ir, doesn't even take a roster spot. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
He got a standing ovation at his Pro Day today. I don't think he'll be there in the late 3rd.

come on, pete. you're laggin. his pro day was yesterday!!
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Frank was picked with the 3rd and he had already recovered. He ran a 4.6? in the combine. His knees were still a concern which is why he dropped. This guy won't go in the 3rd. 4th at best.

Frank was the 1st pick in the 3rd

Luckily, we are the only team that could pick him that high and have the luxury of letting him PUP/IR until he is 100%
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Frank was picked with the 3rd and he had already recovered. He ran a 4.6? in the combine. His knees were still a concern which is why he dropped. This guy won't go in the 3rd. 4th at best.

Luckily, we are the only team that could pick him that high and have the luxury of letting him PUP/IR until he is 100%

Gore was way better than Lattimore in college. Gore averaged ~7 ypc, and beat out other 1st round backs. Lattimore looks good, but never has performed particularly well, and is coming off a major injury. Probably will go in the 4th or 5th rds.
Originally posted by maxsmart:

Gore was way better than Lattimore in college. Gore averaged ~7 ypc, and beat out other 1st round backs. Lattimore looks good, but never has performed particularly well, and is coming off a major injury. Probably will go in the 4th or 5th rds.

Um no. Gore never looked as good as Lattimore vs top competition. Or even comes close in production, fame, potential,power, and I dare say vision as well. There is a reason everyone knows who this kid is while no one knew much or cared about Gore when he came out.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/frank-gore-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/marcus-lattimore-1.html
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Um no. Gore never looked as good as Lattimore vs top competition. Or even comes close in production, fame, potential,power, and I dare say vision as well. There is a reason everyone knows who this kid is while no one knew much or cared about Gore when he came out.

Gore averaged 9.1 ypc at Miami as a freshman before his injuries. He beat out Willis McGahee and Clinton Portis as a sophomore. Then he tore up his knees and it took a while to recover. Antrelle Rolle, now a Giants safety, said this week: "I will say it to the day I die, going against him, I still feel he was the best running back to come through the University of Miami before his knee injuries." And Miami was "running back U", was known for the best running backs, and Gore was the best of the best.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/18/sports/football/49ers-frank-gore-was-a-special-back-at-miami.html

Gore averaged 9.1 ypc at Miami as a freshman before his injuries. He beat out Willis McGahee and Clinton Portis as a sophomore. Then he tore up his knees and it took a while to recover. Antrelle Rolle, now a Giants safety, said this week: "I will say it to the day I die, going against him, I still feel he was the best running back to come through the University of Miami before his knee injuries." And Miami was "running back U", was known for the best running backs, and Gore was the best of the best.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/18/sports/football/49ers-frank-gore-was-a-special-back-at-miami.html

I agree with you max. Gore looks better in college than Lattimore does. A healthy Gore in college was insanely good.

A healthy Lattimore probably would have been looking at end of 1st round/2nd round. People are over hyping him.

9.1 avg on 62 att in the Big East is great and all but he isnt keeping that average up all year. He probably ends up with a season like Lattimores rookie season. A healthy Lattimore was insanely good in a mediocre offense that didnt have UMs talent. He did for the Gamecocks what Gore did for Nolans 49ers. He is just that kind of impact player that Gore is. Only bigger, faster and much harder to bring down.
Originally posted by natrone06:
His running style reminds me of Marcus Allen. Draft him, put him on ir, doesn't even take a roster spot. Seems like a no brainer to me.

This.
He might be worth trading up to stash on the IR for a year, if they see a mid round run on RB's. The more I read about him, the more I think he'd be a great addition to the roster.
late 4th he should still be there IMO, but he is def worth the investment
Let me just say this, we missed out big time in last year's draft. Instead of drafting AJ Jenkins, we should have picked David Wilson. That guy is such a fierce runner !!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
9.1 avg on 62 att in the Big East is great and all but he isnt keeping that average up all year. He probably ends up with a season like Lattimores rookie season. A healthy Lattimore was insanely good in a mediocre offense that didnt have UMs talent. He did for the Gamecocks what Gore did for Nolans 49ers. He is just that kind of impact player that Gore is. Only bigger, faster and much harder to bring down.

Dude, Gore was a freak of nature before he blew out his knees. Everyone at Miami knew it and there are countless quotes from players and coaches saying so. Why are you bothering arguing this?

Let me try to get this straight... what you're saying is that before his knee injuries, Lattimore had the type of impact in college that Gore did in the NFL... after his knee injuries. Did I get that right? Now, I'll give you "bigger", but at which point was he "faster and much harder to bring down" than Gore? Are we still comparing uninjured Lattimore to NFL Gore? That would be the only thing that makes sense considering Lattimore can't even run yet. Kinda hard to say he's faster than Gore at the moment.

Gore's knee injuries basically forced him to re-learn how to run. He tried changing his weight to compensate for lost speed with more power, but that didn't work. He basically ended up doing nothing except training his body and mind. He pulled tires up hills during the day and analyzed his own film from High School at night. He did this because he loves football and he wants to be the best, but also because he had to overcome his injuries to make money so that he could get his sick Mother the medical care that she needed and feed his siblings, too.

Do you think Lattimore has that kind of strength and passion? I personally have no idea, but I hope for his sake that he does... because his recent knee injury is worse than either of Gore's were. Kid has a hard road ahead. I really hope we draft him... I think that would be the best situation for him. I also hope he makes a full recovery, even if we don't. I know I'll be rooting for him wherever he ends up.

Gore is still better, though.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Let me just say this, we missed out big time in last year's draft. Instead of drafting AJ Jenkins, we should have picked David Wilson. That guy is such a fierce runner !!

Actually, I should have said Alfred Morris. But, I guess noone saw that one coming. LOL. Still, David Wilson would have been a great pick all the same.