There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Take RB Marcus Lattimore late 3rd Round & Redshirt him

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Would have been the #1 RB in the draft pre injury. I think he gets taken in the 3rd.

Won't be playing at all this year, there's very few teams who can drop a pick on a guy who won't play at all and is coming off his second cataclysmic knee injury when there are other RB's out there who can contribute immediately. The success a guy like Alfred Morris had will ensure that Lattimore drops. Teams will love his talent but will be wary of his injury history and the fact that he'll contribute absolutely nothing his first year. Talent or not, I don't see him coming off the board until the mid 4th at the earliest.

I understand that train of thought. I personally really like the kid and think he has a huge chip on his shoulder, and will play well once healthy. If any team can afford to take a flyer on him to sit the season its us, and would be a perfect fit for him.

Like i said, hunters Achilles is worrisome to me, i am not a doctor, and admit i dont know alot about injurys, but from what i understand achilles injurys are very troublesome to ever recover 100% from, and i dont see LMJ as a guy that can carry the load.
Grades as a late 4th early 5th on CBS. Would love to use our 4th round comp. pick on him, assuming we get it, and stash him away on the PUP for a year. Gets a year of training and learning from Gore who had similar type injury and already has reached out to him.

In the end it is like trading our 4th round comp pick for a 2nd round pick next year, which we will be able to afford to do with so many picks.
I think we should take him.

Gore will carry us another season, plenty of time for him to get healthy and learn the playbook.
I want this guy so bad. I don't know why, but I have a feeling he will be special. Hell I'll say it, he could be better than Gore! But that's IF (and that's a big if) he stays healthy throughout his career. I hope Baalke picks this guy up in the 3rd/4th.
I'll definitely take him in the 3rd or 4th, perfect redshirt candidate.
Lattimore, or Knile Davis. Make it happen. Davis is actually really growing on me, and i think now he would be my preferance.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Mar 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,144
Our 4th round comp pick would be a great spot for him.
I think 3rd is too high for him. He had 2 major knee injuries. I'm not sure. Maybe the 4th.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think 3rd is too high for him. He had 2 major knee injuries. I'm not sure. Maybe the 4th.

I'm with him. A 4th is where I see him. However, he could be the next gore.....
nah he runs with his head down to much cant do that in the NFL anymore J/k lol


in all seriousness though i like him in the late 3rd early 4th!
If our doctors like the surgery and his progression, then round does not matter. We would only be drafting him for 2014 and beyond given the current state of our backfield anyway. If Baalke thinks he can be our starter in 2014, then take him whenever.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I want this guy so bad. I don't know why, but I have a feeling he will be special. Hell I'll say it, he could be better than Gore! But that's IF (and that's a big if) he stays healthy throughout his career. I hope Baalke picks this guy up in the 3rd/4th.


If you watched this kid run, he is a natural. It is worth the risk and return to take him with the late third. If he is not available then it was not meant to be.

First round talent for 3rd round price, not bad. If he does not work out with the rookie salary pool the niners will be all right.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Would have been the #1 RB in the draft pre injury. I think he gets taken in the 3rd.

Won't be playing at all this year, there's very few teams who can drop a pick on a guy who won't play at all and is coming off his second cataclysmic knee injury when there are other RB's out there who can contribute immediately. The success a guy like Alfred Morris had will ensure that Lattimore drops. Teams will love his talent but will be wary of his injury history and the fact that he'll contribute absolutely nothing his first year. Talent or not, I don't see him coming off the board until the mid 4th at the earliest.

I understand that train of thought. I personally really like the kid and think he has a huge chip on his shoulder, and will play well once healthy. If any team can afford to take a flyer on him to sit the season its us, and would be a perfect fit for him.

Like i said, hunters Achilles is worrisome to me, i am not a doctor, and admit i dont know alot about injurys, but from what i understand achilles injurys are very troublesome to ever recover 100% from, and i dont see LMJ as a guy that can carry the load.

Didn't Julian Peterson have an achilles injury when he was w/ us? How was he after that?
4th comp pick for sure