LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 179 users in the forums

Shamarko Thomas-S-Syracuse

Originally posted by Cooper22:
Dude ran a 4.38 but fell flat on his face at the end.. Feel kinda bad lolz

he can date jennifer lawrence
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Dude ran a 4.38 but fell flat on his face at the end.. Feel kinda bad lolz

That's effort, every team needs a guy who's willing to fall flat on his face for them.
Always thought he was a Brian Dawkins type guy very vocal (in a good way) and plays with heart, would love the niners to get this guy.

Don't care how hard he's hits. All I want to know is can he cover?
Originally posted by Mann716:
Don't care how hard he's hits. All I want to know is can he cover?

He does fairly well in coverage, he's not great by any means, but that's not why you're drafting him late in the draft. He can develop as a safety but his ultimate initial impact will be on special teams.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He does fairly well in coverage, he's not great by any means, but that's not why you're drafting him late in the draft. He can develop as a safety but his ultimate initial impact will be on special teams.

Exactly. There are several late-round safeties who figure to contribute immediately as better versions of Colin Jones, who we absolutely missed on our coverage units this past year.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Feb 26, 2013 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Exactly. There are several late-round safeties who figure to contribute immediately as better versions of Colin Jones, who we absolutely missed on our coverage units this past year.

Yep. With his hard hitting and tremendous athletic ability, he could easily be one of the premier special teams players in the NFL very shortly. If he develops further as a safety to the point that he can contribute in that aspect as well, then that's just a bonus. He could easily replace McBath on the current special teams. After that kick return touchdown in the Super Bowl, I'm hoping that management never again underestimates the importance of quality special teams players.

Thomas looks the part of a top of the line special teams gunner, he has the physical ability to just flat out destroy returners and steal their souls. By all accounts he's also extremely mature, a good leader, very hard worker, a nice character guy to have around the locker room.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM ]
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000145267/Shamarko-goes-down
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

Yep. With his hard hitting and tremendous athletic ability, he could easily be one of the premier special teams players in the NFL very shortly. If he develops further as a safety to the point that he can contribute in that aspect as well, then that's just a bonus. He could easily replace McBath on the current special teams. After that kick return touchdown in the Super Bowl, I'm hoping that management never again underestimates the importance of quality special teams players.

Thomas looks the part of a top of the line special teams gunner, he has the physical ability to just flat out destroy returners and steal their souls. By all accounts he's also extremely mature, a good leader, very hard worker, a nice character guy to have around the locker room.

He is a 5th round prospect at best bro I'm sorry but that was hilarious a lil stiff in the hips during the drills

Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
He is a 5th round prospect at best bro I'm sorry but that was hilarious a lil stiff in the hips during the drills

Did you bother actually reading the rest of the thread?

He should be available in Round 6. I see him as a special teams assassin that could make a good living in the NFL just blowing up kick and punt returns on a regular basis. If his 4.3 speed is legit, he'll move up somewhat in the draft but he'd make for a heck of a weapon in terms of special teams and also backing up SS.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM ]

Did you bother actually reading the rest of the thread?

He should be available in Round 6. I see him as a special teams assassin that could make a good living in the NFL just blowing up kick and punt returns on a regular basis. If his 4.3 speed is legit, he'll move up somewhat in the draft but he'd make for a heck of a weapon in terms of special teams and also backing up SS.

Yea I did a good developmental player no doubt but he does have the energy & hustle very determine
Yea I did a good developmental player no doubt but he does have the energy & hustle very determine

I never claimed otherwise. I have him as late 5th round after the Combine, if he's available there or in the 6th round, he'd be well worth it to solidify the special teams and help get them back to a level closer to what they were in 2011.
Wow. Never seen anyone outrun their own feet before....

I like the Bob Sanders type safeties. I liked Ahmad Black in the last draft (or was 2 years ago). I wouldn't mind using a later mid pick on this guy. But I don't think drafting him will solve our safety depth issues....
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Wow. Never seen anyone outrun their own feet before....

I like the Bob Sanders type safeties. I liked Ahmad Black in the last draft (or was 2 years ago). I wouldn't mind using a later mid pick on this guy. But I don't think drafting him will solve our safety depth issues....

Developmental prospect at safety, instant impact special teams player.
Share 49ersWebzone