There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

FS Kenny Vaccaro in the 1st?

Vaccaro stock might be dropping after that 40 time I like the Odds for him being a 49er but another safety I like Eric Reid really impressed me today
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Well, our NT only plays 30% of the snaps.... so it's not like he'd be a full time starter. Perhaps we keep him and draft a replacement. DL is a tough position to get up to speed with in the NFL. It would be unwise to depend on a rookie to come in and start day 1. Keeping RJF gives us some flexibility and experienced depth.

I don't think we can expect an instant upgrade to our starting DL with draft picks. Young guys need to get stronger and improve technique to succeed in the NFL at DL. They can't do that in just a few months.

How do you know that? Because Soap only played 30% of the snaps? You ever think if they had a better NT they might utilize him a little more often? Its faulty logic to look at one year and go "well, we can get by with a s**t NT because he doesn't play many snaps." This stuff is fluid and all depends on the quality of the personnel available.

No it's because our nickel front is pretty much set. Maybe a better pass rusher at nt gets a few more snaps to give JSmith or McDonald a breather but his playing percentage will still be low.

(I'm not insinuating that its ok to have a crap nt)
[ Edited by natrone06 on Feb 26, 2013 at 6:01 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
D Line should be first priority.

best player available. That's how SMART teams remain successful.

BPA is limited. I hope they wouldn't take an ILB in the first if he was the best player.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

BPA is limited. I hope they wouldn't take an ILB in the first if he was the best player.

Ask the Patriots how their draft have fared when they have drafted BPA?
  • KK49
  • Veteran

agree .. i hope Balke realizes that with better D line we would ve been SB champs.. ooh wait may be with better secondary too
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Ask the Patriots how their draft have fared when they have drafted BPA?

Patriots went all defense for an entire draft. You cannot tell me that the BPA at every slot was a defensive player. Their D sucked, so the drafted D. That's drafting BPA, for positions of NEED.