There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

FS Kenny Vaccaro in the 1st?

I'm becoming a fan on this kid & with the possibility of DG38 gone he would be a great option & a better tackler as well. I want to see his combine workout & 40 time but Also Mike Mayock said this safety class is the best he's seen in a while, with special love going to Texas' Kenny Vaccaro so I'm not alone of this.
Would definitely have to trade up to get Vaccaro. I'd love to resign Goldson move him to SS and draft Vaccaro to replace Whitner.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
I'm becoming a fan on this kid & with the possibility of DG38 gone he would be a great option & a better tackler as well. I want to see his combine workout & 40 time but Also Mike Mayock said this safety class is the best he's seen in a while, with special love going to Texas' Kenny Vaccaro so I'm not alone of this.

I would not be upset at all but I don't think he'll be around when the 49ers pick.

He's a great player, can play either safety position, has very nice size(6'2", 215), has very strong coverage skills, experience playing cornerback, likes to hit, , him and Goldson together would be a hell of a safety combination, very versatile and tough. He's not a ballhawk though, more of a solid coverage type at safety.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 18, 2013 at 1:58 PM ]
Anything is possible.

From what I've been reading and the mock I've looked at, Vaccaro will be taken in the upper third of the draft.

here's a site w/lots of drafts. Please know you'll have to scroll down about 1/3 of the way to get the sites.

hailredskins.com
Not my first choice of positions to take with our 1st.
D Line should be first priority.
If Goldson is a goner,

YES PLEASE.
This kid is a keeper --really closes fast on the ball, from what i can see, like polamulu--also they used him as a cover corner in the slot to defense opponents slot receivers...so the coverage is there---alas he wont last to the 31 st pick
I would rather go S in the second or third. Its a pretty strong class IMO.
Beat me to it
Vaccaro has been trending for a while now. I would like the pick, but i think he'll go in the top 20.
if Goldson walks I go back to my original mock, Vaccaro and Williams
  • jrg
  • Veteran
He had the best coverage skills in the class. I think we need someone like him who can cover the field while Goldson crowds the box.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Not my first choice of positions to take with our 1st.

take the BPA - don't worry about position. The only positions we're set at is starting QB, Guards, and ILBs.