There are 200 users in the forums

MadDog's Pre-Combine Big 175 Board

MD...how much longer for the next board.... :) I only ask as you said above that you were going to put it up on March 6th. Perhaps with the pro days you have delayed it. You can't say you're going to put it up and then don't!!! Haha I will wait patiently. Thanks for the hard work on this! Appreciated.
Sorry. Been a wild and bumpy road at home these days, so simply not getting enough time to complete the full board. And, still evaluating numbers and workout info on so many guys in this compact campus workout schedule. I have a Big Board of 225, and hope to post soon.

That being said, feeling very confident about the draft this year. Preview of the top ten (with movement dictating the picks):
1. Joeckel
2. Floyd
3. Lotulelei
4. Fisher
5. Jordan
6. Ansah
7. Johnson
8. Jones
9. Milliner
10. Cooper
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM ]
Interesting that Lotulelei is going up the boards again on many mocks. Has he been cleared medically? Looking forward to your big board MadDog.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Sorry. Been a wild and bumpy road at home these days, so simply not getting enough time to complete the full board. And, still evaluating numbers and workout info on so many guys in this compact campus workout schedule. I have a Big Board of 225, and hope to post soon.

That being said, feeling very confident about the draft this year. Preview of the top ten (with movement dictating the picks):
1. Joeckel
2. Floyd
3. Lotulelei
4. Fisher
5. Jordan
6. Ansah
7. Johnson
8. Jones
9. Milliner
10. Cooper

Do you mean you're feeling confident about the 49ers draft, or you're feeling confident about your accuracy at selecting where players will fall?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Do you mean you're feeling confident about the 49ers draft, or you're feeling confident about your accuracy at selecting where players will fall?
More confident about my accuracy, but who knows, maybe I will love the team's selections. Many picks.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Interesting that Lotulelei is going up the boards again on many mocks. Has he been cleared medically? Looking forward to your big board MadDog.

Looks like all of the major guys are clearing off the medical red flags, although you never know for sure.
What are your thoughts on J williams maddog?

5 tech or NT in our scheme?

I see him as capable of both, but think he could fill the NT spot for us nicely. curious on your thoughts.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
What are your thoughts on J williams maddog?

5 tech or NT in our scheme?

I see him as capable of both, but think he could fill the NT spot for us nicely. curious on your thoughts.

I am not surprised he ran in the 4.90 or under area. I thought that would happen at the combine, although I figured he would bench many more reps at 225. Williams is a plug and play starter at either the NT or DE position. He played both roles well at Alabama, and is probably the most versatile 34 lineman in the draft. Little concerned about maturity (I mean, the dude tatooed "YOLO" on his neck, but he is a very good football player.
I am not surprised he ran in the 4.90 or under area. I thought that would happen at the combine, although I figured he would bench many more reps at 225. Williams is a plug and play starter at either the NT or DE position. He played both roles well at Alabama, and is probably the most versatile 34 lineman in the draft. Little concerned about maturity (I mean, the dude tatooed "YOLO" on his neck, but he is a very good football player.

I find his character slightly disturbing. I'm not anti-tattoo but I've watched interviews with him from only a couple of years ago and he had no tattoos before he came to Alabama. Now hes getting "You Only Live Once" tattooed on his face. Dramatic behavioral and personality changes spell bad news in professional athletes.
Originally posted by eonblue:

I find his character slightly disturbing. I'm not anti-tattoo but I've watched interviews with him from only a couple of years ago and he had no tattoos before he came to Alabama. Now hes getting "You Only Live Once" tattooed on his face. Dramatic behavioral and personality changes spell bad news in professional athletes.

Doesn't bother me. Plenty of great Defensive lineman had borderline insane personalities. You kind of have to for that line of work

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Doesn't bother me. Plenty of great Defensive lineman had borderline insane personalities. You kind of have to for that line of work

By all accounts he has no character issues whatsoever. Everything i have read says he has outstanding character quality's. Its a cultural thing. probably noy the best decision, but it certainly isaint worthy of concerns IMO.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

By all accounts he has no character issues whatsoever. Everything i have read says he has outstanding character quality's. Its a cultural thing. probably noy the best decision, but it certainly isaint worthy of concerns IMO.

cultural indigenous to australia? or is williams a maori?
  • GORO
  • Veteran
MadDog what do you think about 128 Le'Veon Bell Michigan St RB, And why is he not higher on big boards?
MadDog, in you next big board I think you need to have some safety's hovering in the early 30s.
Originally posted by GORO:
MadDog what do you think about 128 Le'Veon Bell Michigan St RB, And why is he not higher on big boards?

Lot if buzz about him in the second round. Putting on a show this offseason. Not a favorite of mine, but there are not many of the 220 pound variety RB at the top end if this draft, so he will gt a long look.
Share 49ersWebzone