There are 237 users in the forums

Logan Ryan from Rutgers in the first??

Walterfootball has this description for him..

Ryan had a very good season. The junior amassed 94 tackles, 17 passes broken up and four interceptions. Ryan's coverage was consistently good, and he had a presence all over the field. Rutgers put him on an island and Ryan held up well in man coverage. He has man-coverage ability for the NFL.

Do you think he would be a good first pick?

I was actually thinking about cornerbacks in the first and he was one of the guys that came to mind. Ryan, Jonathon Banks, Xavier Rhodes, and Desmond Trufant are all prospects I could see us taking in the first round and I would be happy with any one of them. Our secondary is our weakest link and needs help.

Everyone wants D-Line in the first, but I think all the prospects (including Datone Jones, Sharrif Floyd, etc.) will be gone by the 31 pick. Instead of reaching for a D-Lineman in the first, we can pick up a corner or a safety who can contribute right away, as this class is deep in both positions
[ Edited by Cooper22 on Feb 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM ]
Like him in the 2nd if he falls that far. Not in the first.
Originally posted by Cooper22:
I was actually thinking about cornerbacks in the first and he was one of the guys that came to mind. Ryan, Jonathon Banks, Xavier Rhodes, and Desmond Trufant are all prospects I could see us taking in the first round and I would be happy with any one of them. Our secondary is our weakest link and needs help.

Everyone wants D-Line in the first, but I think all the prospects (including Datone Jones, Sharrif Floyd, etc.) will be gone by the 31 pick. Instead of reaching for a D-Lineman in the first, we can pick up a corner or a safety who can contribute right away, as this class is deep in both positions

Or they can trade down for the exact same reasons you listed. I'd prefer to see them trade down, acquire more picks, either this year or next, if the guy they want isn't available at that spot.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Looks like a good prospect in the 2nd round.
With the Alex smith trade our first round pick is 31st and our second is 34th. We could probably take him with either.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I agree. 94 tackles is not a good sign for a CB.
Share 49ersWebzone