LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Honey Badger in 3rd???????

Honey Badger in 3rd???????

Test his ass every 12 hours!

Does the reward outweigh the risk?

The guy is definitely intense.

For the sake of argument, I'm on the "no" bandwagon, slightly tilted toward the "but if it happened.. I wouldn't be mad" camp.
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Feb 17, 2013 at 10:31 PM ]
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Test his ass every 12 hours!

lol.... No one took note of my last sentence..
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Dude could be the next Ed Reed. A ball HAWK. Solid on Defense. But with all that weed in Cali, I fear the worst. What do you think?

Exactly what makes you think this? Yes he's got playmaking tendencies but he doesn't have the size or speed of an Ed Reed. Add in that he's a lousy tackler and tries to go for the homerun play WAY too often, lunging at the ball and let a receiver explode upfield as he whiffs and misses.

Undersized, bad technique to go along with character issues? I see him as a late 4th rounder at best, and by no means the "next" Ed Reed, if he turns out to be a halfway decent nickel corner and special teams maven, the team that drafts him should be thrilled.

Dude you really need to go watch LSU games again not the highlights. This guy is a playmaker on Def like ala Reed and Potumalu. I'm not saying we should even draft him at all because of that early weed habit but dude is a baller He wasnt up for the Heisman for nothing. If he can stay clean and return to form the talent is definatly there.
This guy and Latimorre are so interesting to watch. Could be the most fun part of draft day. It's clear the zone just cant decide where they should go in the draft. Obviously for totally different reasons...but still you see them as high as 2-3 and as low as 6-7 in so many draft threads. With the number of picks we have, I would take a shot Mathieu with a late three, as a free safety prospect. Ideally I would like to see Goldson going to Strong and Whitner stepping down after next year, giving him the luxury to learn this year and help out on special teams where we need some aces anyway. We have so many picks this year, taking a shot at a guy with character issues and talent isnt the worst proposition. You cant take Lattimore as well though...one or the other. No doubling up on risky picks in mid rounds. We need too much depth for that.
What if we get a Comp 3rd round pick, which comes at the end of the 3rd, Would you rather take Honey Badger or Marcus Lattimore?
Personally I would go Honey Badger...RB is a year away from being a position of need. A good saftey/cb could at least contibute on special teams now, and has a chance to see the field if we lose one of our top two to injury. Lattimore doesnt play this year period and still could be downt he depth chart next year. Great kid with huge upside...but Lattimore is a risk that isnt in a position of need.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Personally I would go Honey Badger...RB is a year away from being a position of need. A good saftey/cb could at least contibute on special teams now, and has a chance to see the field if we lose one of our top two to injury. Lattimore doesnt play this year period and still could be downt he depth chart next year. Great kid with huge upside...but Lattimore is a risk that isnt in a position of need.
but if he is there basically at the start of the 4th rd, wouldnt he be BPA, have him take a year off and heal, then work him in slowly his 2nd year, then take over for gore in 2015
Sure its a nice scenario...But I still think you have to do one or the other. We need depth in too many places to take both. Sounds like you prefer Lattimore and thats fine, I dont think your crazy or anything...I just cant see it being wise to take two guys who are a risk to never play ( character vs injury) in the middle rounds when we are in need of a lot of second string players. I chose Mathieu because I think he can be a roleplayer out of the gate should he get his act together. Not because I think in year two Lattimore couldnt be a huge player. In the end I think our team lost steam by the end of the year because we have no depth....no next man up. Lattimore wont provide that this year....Honey Badger could.
it just needs to be april already lol

Spillman is the bizzness... I don't really see him being better than him now or ever.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Honey Badger is worth a high 3rd rounder in my opinion.. He may have a Jerry Rice stop watch speed on him, but he also has that Jerry Rice football speed when he gets on the field.

We just need someone to tighten up his loose screws..

We also have a RB (Hampton) of the future..
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Does the reward outweigh the risk?

The guy is definitely intense.

For the sake of argument, I'm on the "no" bandwagon, slightly tilted toward the "but if it happened.. I wouldn't be mad" camp.
Yeah I feel that he could do some damage here and there. But he may get suspended before or during the season out in cali.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
What if we get a Comp 3rd round pick, which comes at the end of the 3rd, Would you rather take Honey Badger or Marcus Lattimore?

Dude this cant be a real question. I like Lattimore and I am a SC fan /follower but he's not going to make a good Pro back. Great heart and humble kid but he is a back up at best..Honeey Badger on this one. I honestly think he'll go in the first. The talent is crazy.
Honey badger.... His return skills are sick. He usually makes the first guy miss. Too much talent to pass up. Everyone has to grow up someday.
Share 49ersWebzone