LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Honey Badger in 3rd???????

Honey Badger in 3rd???????

Dude could be the next Ed Reed. A ball HAWK. Solid on Defense. But with all that weed in Cali, I fear the worst. What do you think?
Mediocre defender, very good special teamer. He will probably go into that 80-120 pick range based primarily on special teams. Dime corner at best. The big question is how many teams that take him off their board.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM ]
I'd like him but am hoping we could wait until the 4th round to take a shot at him. I want us to guys that can start immediately (NT) or start in the future (DE, S, CB).
No thanks. I would maybe consider him in the 4th or 5th. I just dont see him as ever being a great DB
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
In the 4th yes
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Dude could be the next Ed Reed. A ball HAWK. Solid on Defense. But with all that weed in Cali, I fear the worst. What do you think?

Exactly what makes you think this? Yes he's got playmaking tendencies but he doesn't have the size or speed of an Ed Reed. Add in that he's a lousy tackler and tries to go for the homerun play WAY too often, lunging at the ball and let a receiver explode upfield as he whiffs and misses.

Undersized, bad technique to go along with character issues? I see him as a late 4th rounder at best, and by no means the "next" Ed Reed, if he turns out to be a halfway decent nickel corner and special teams maven, the team that drafts him should be thrilled.
2nd!
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
2nd!

The fourth at the earliest. Great gunner on special teams and our 5th corner.
I take it you did not see the 10 page thread I started on this guy back before last years draft?

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I take it you did not see the 10 page thread I started on this guy back before last years draft?

• dmatt
  • Veteran
the third round is still an important pick. I wouldn't go for him before the 4th.
Yes ... But only if it is our pick at the bottom of the 3rd! We need to turn the 3rd rounder we are getting from Carolina at the top of the round into a solid player!
more like the 5th
I wouldn't bank on him becoming a starter, which is what I want from someone selected in rounds 1-3. I would bank on him becoming a valuable backup and great special teamer if he keeps his head on straight. 4th or 5th round sounds about right to me.
Share 49ersWebzone