LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 421 users in the forums

Combine thread

Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
Everything you said is true. But he can block the sh!t outta that DB though.

lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
San Francisco 49ers ‏@49ers

USC WR @robertwoods met with Jim Harbaugh, who recruited Woods in high school. http://bit.ly/XHPHic #combine49

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by bulldog54:
Hey everyone, I'll be at the combine in the coming days for work so if they're some people you want me to be on the look out for let me know
FS, Bacarri Rambo
SS, Ray Ray Armstrong

My colleagues have the last day of workouts. I will be onsite for Day 1 (OL, TE) and Day 3 (LB, DL), but I will ask for their thoughts about those two
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:

Enuff said! Please draft this guy!!
Didn't even watch this....I want football players not track stars.
E.J. Manuel - Florida St. measures almost identical size to Kaepernick. There's your developmental backup to Kap.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
E.J. Manuel - Florida St. measures almost identical size to Kaepernick. There's your developmental backup to Kap.

Nope. He'll be taken way too early, have him as an early 3rd rounder, late 2nd rounder right now. I still see Matt Scott in the late 4th as the guy to go with.
For those who are sick and twisted and want to wade through the measurables from today, footballsfuture.com has posted today's info.

Couple notes:
DeAndre Hopkins is a big winner so far. Long arms at 33 5/8", and big hands at 10". Good frame at 6'1", 214. You know he runs sharp routes, the only question now is speed. Can make some real money when he hits the stripe soon.

Speed racers ready to challenge 4.30- both Marquise Goodwin and Tavon Austin came in short and small, but both are extremely dynamic. Goodwin wants to hit 4.24. Good luck!

Matt Barkley- mission accomplished. He will interview well, and his measurables were better than expected 6'2 1/2", 227, with Big mitts at 10 1/8". Next step- private workout.

EJ Manuel- stud. Big frame, height, arm length, hand size. 6' 4 5/8", 237, 35 inch arms, 10 3/8" hands. There is talk by some that he is the only real option for teams looking for a read option QB in this years draft. Has a big arm, just needs to run well to keep up the offseason momentum.

I know this may sound ridiculous, but Tyler Wilson's hand size has to be a real concern to NFL GM's, especially in cold weather citites. I cannot find one NFL starting QB with a hand smaller than 9 inches. Wilson came in at 8 3/4". Alex Smith was maligned for having problems associated with small hands, but at 9 3/8", the same as Aaron Rodgers, these dwarf Wilson's. Honestly, I believe this really limits Wilson to playing For teams in domed stadiums, or warm weather outdoor facilities.

Giovani Bernard, considered by many to be the second RB off the board in the draft has TRex arms at 28". This has to be an issue if he is considered a three down player. In comparison, Montee Ball and Marcus Lattimore's arms are more than 4 inches longer.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
For those who are sick and twisted and want to wade through the measurables from today, footballsfuture.com has posted today's info.

Couple notes:
DeAndre Hopkins is a big winner so far. Long arms at 33 5/8", and big hands at 10". Good frame at 6'1", 214. You know he runs sharp routes, the only question now is speed. Can make some real money when he hits the stripe soon.

Speed racers ready to challenge 4.30- both Marquise Goodwin and Tavon Austin came in short and small, but both are extremely dynamic. Goodwin wants to hit 4.24. Good luck!

Matt Barkley- mission accomplished. He will interview well, and his measurables were better than expected 6'2 1/2", 227, with Big mitts at 10 1/8". Next step- private workout.

EJ Manuel- stud. Big frame, height, arm length, hand size. 6' 4 5/8", 237, 35 inch arms, 10 3/8" hands. There is talk by some that he is the only real option for teams looking for a read option QB in this years draft. Has a big arm, just needs to run well to keep up the offseason momentum.

I know this may sound ridiculous, but Tyler Wilson's hand size has to be a real concern to NFL GM's, especially in cold weather citites. I cannot find one NFL starting QB with a hand smaller than 9 inches. Wilson came in at 8 3/4". Alex Smith was maligned for having problems associated with small hands, but at 9 3/8", the same as Aaron Rodgers, these dwarf Wilson's. Honestly, I believe this really limits Wilson to playing For teams in domed stadiums, or warm weather outdoor facilities.

Giovani Bernard, considered by many to be the second RB off the board in the draft has TRex arms at 28". This has to be an issue if he is considered a three down player. In comparison, Montee Ball and Marcus Lattimore's arms are more than 4 inches longer.

This....dude has some midget f**king hands and he's smaller than I expected initially. Kaepernick was knocked for having small hands and he came in at 9 1/8", so still bigger.
If all you needed to succeed in the NFL was hand size, I'd be a regular Pro-Bowler. I was palming a basketball at like the age of 8.

Klein won't be taking part in TE drills

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/22/klein-wont-do-tight-end-drills/

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Coverage starts at 6am PST.
Dion Jordan- 6'6 1/4", 248 pretty rail thin for this weight. Bench will be just as important as 40 time at this combine
John Jenkins- 6'3 5/8", 346
Sharif Floyd- 6'2 5/8", 297
Johnathan Hankins- 6'2 7/8", 320
Tank Carradine- bigger than expected in weight- 6'4 1/8", 276
Margus Hunt- 6'8 1/8", 277
Datone Jones- 6' 3 7/8", 283 Looking like the prototypical big 43 DE, or small, but quick 34 DE for teams more aggressive with their ends
Joe Kruger- 6'6 1/4", 269 Same height as Jordan, but obviously much bigger
Bjoern Werner- 6' 3 1/4", 266
Damontre Moore- 6'4 1/2", 250
Star Lotulelei- 6' 2 1/2", 311
Barkevious Mingo- 6' 4 1/4", 241

Notes on above; Jordan, Moore and Mingo kind of restricting themselves to 34 teams with their light weight, unless someone wants to redshirt Jordan until he picks up weight.
Pro Football Talk reporting that the bench press is chewing up players this year:
TE DC Jefferson of Rutgers- torn pectoral muscle- good bye draft for him
Kent State road grader guard Brian Winters- had to stop due to cramp
USC center Khaled Holmes and his gigantic arm length- strained pec

Not sure if the guys are stretching out enough, are dehydrated, or simply not repaired enough before hitting the bar, but this is a high amount of casualties
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 23, 2013 at 6:05 AM ]
Today, some weekend football fun starts! Whooooo!!!!!!

Tyler Eifert or Datone Jones at pick 31, please...
Fat guys running

Aboushi 5.44; 1.89 10 yard
Armstead 4.65 1.64 10 yard WOW!!!!!!,

Maybe the most shocked I have ever been at the combine. Armstead ran the best 40 ever for a lineman
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 23, 2013 at 6:08 AM ]
hey, look at Armstead running wild... 4.65

Baca looks like he will eat his way out of the league in 2 years.
Share 49ersWebzone