I may end up doing a post combine write up, but here were some guys who really stood out to me:
1. Terron Armstead lit up the track, and then looked great in drills. His footwork is stunning.
2. Jonathan Cooper may end up the best player in this draft. He is just studly in every way. So smooth for a big guy.
3. Cornelius Washington really caught my eye during Senior Bowl week had a terrific combine. I think the kid has mad upside and will be drafted far early than most pundits believe.
4. Love BW Webb. Nobody talked about him today, but terrific forty time, and sensational in drills. Blown away by his form and balance in backpeddling. He may have been thr best looking DB in drills today.
5. The WR class is so open, as many as twenty guys may end up taking the mantle of best WR in this class. Do you trust some of the guys who have transferred due to all kinds of circumstances, but have great height/weight/ speed measurables, or stick with guys who put up big numbers with a lot of college starts. It truly is beauty in the eye of the beholder.
6. The MLB class is slowly melting into oblivion. Ogletree is a stud, but a hot mess. Manti is flat out coo-coo. Wouldn't trust him as a team leader at MLB. Minter has some holes in his game.
7. Tyler Eifert is clearly the class at TE, and it is not close.
8. Shariff Floyd is three years younger than Sheldon Richardson. Imagine how much better than Richardson he will be in three years.
9. Dion Jordan made himself a ton of money. Explosive. I think top 5 pick.
10. Desmond Trufant is a kid you want on your team. To me, the difference between Trufant and Milliner is slim.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM ]