LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Combine thread

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Dee Milliner - corner with good height and he just ran a 4.31 40. He's in the rumor mill for someone they might package picks to move up in the first round for. That would be fine with me, but I definitely want them to draft some d-line talent.

Evidently though, the thinking is that Milliner can step right in and possibly be a shut-down corner. A legitimate shut-down corner might make it possible for Fangio to be a little more imaginative with blitzing.

Milliner, from what I've heard, could go as high to the Lions at #5.... I think that puts him WAY out of our reach, unfortunately
"Texas FS Kenny Vaccaro ran forty times of 4.59 and 4.63 at the NFL Scouting Combine.

They're not sensational times at first glance, but Vaccaro weighs 214 pounds and is very light on his feet even if his straight-line speed isn't sensational. In last year's West Virginia-Texas game, Vaccaro gave Tavon Austin all kinds of problems in the slot; Austin was only able to get open against Texas' other DBs. Vaccaro remains a strong candidate to be drafted in the top 25."

"Washington CB Desmond Trufant ran forty times of 4.31 and 4.38 at the NFL Scouting Combine.

The forty times are nothing short of outstanding for a 6-foot, 190-pound corner. Trufant has good-not-great game tape, but he'll move up draft boards because his offseason has been spectacular. By all accounts, Trufant looked every bit a first-rounder at the Senior Bowl, and his Combine has obviously opened more eyes. We could see him drafted in the top 20, perhaps even higher."

"Florida State CB Xavier Rhodes ran forty times of 4.41 and 4.41 at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Rhodes is a bit of a size-speed athletic freak at 6-foot-2, 210 with low 4.4 wheels. Although there has been some discussion of Rhodes moving to safety, he's more likely to be drafted as a cornerback in a press-man coverage scheme. Rhodes has shown playmaking ability on the ball and possesses physical traits to develop into a legit No. 1 NFL corner. He's a surefire top-20 overall pick."

"Oregon State CB Jordan Poyer ran forty times of 4.46 and 4.50 at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Poyer stands 6-foot, 191 and intercepted seven passes as a college senior before showing well in practices and the Senior Bowl game at Mobile. Most draftniks did not expect Poyer to run this well. Poyer's combination of size and speed may lead NFL teams to project him as a future No. 2-caliber corner starter."

rotoworld.com

Geez, is everyone projected to go in the top 20? I swear I have read at least 40 players that are projected to go in the top 20
David Amerson runs a 4.36 first attempt, 4.4 2nd. Logan Ryan ran a 4.56. I've had us taking one of those two in the 2nd for a while.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I like Trufant. I say take him in the 2nd.

Good luck with that, he was already in early 2nd/late 1st round range before the Combine. He might be off the board before the 49ers even pick in the 1st.

Maybe they'll forget that he's good.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 26, 2013 at 11:34 AM ]
http://www.gbnreport.com/combine40times.html

Here is a link to all the official 40 times
Dunno if it was mentioned but it looks like Jarvis Jones' stock took a huge hit because of his medical exams.
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
Did Cyprien not run? I can't find his time anywhere. Thanks in advance

No sat out with a hamstring injury.
I want Xavier Rhodes from FSU. He is big, fast, and intimidating. He is the press corner we need!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
I want Xavier Rhodes from FSU. He is big, fast, and intimidating. He is the press corner we need!

I like him also.

I like him also.

Dude got burned by Givens in college

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I like him also.

Who be Givens?

I like him also.

Who be Givens?
Exactly
Originally posted by valrod33:

I like him also.

Who be Givens?
Exactly

Dude on the Rams?

I like him also.

Who be Givens?

He's the Rams deep threat. Providing him with a tasty piece of toast twice a year isn't my idea of a good 1st round pick.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Robert Alford and Terry Hawthorne are the damn truth!

Alford may have been the only guy I saw to run a faster unofficial than official 40. Hawthorne has both the size and athletic ability.

Nickell Robey of USC......5'7, 169 pounds. Good Lord.........maybe he could be a punter???

I have been on ALfords band wagon for a long long time. Love the kid. him and Thomas are my well documented draft crushes this year.
Share 49ersWebzone