LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Combine thread

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I like Trufant. I say take him in the 2nd.
Steve Williams from Cal with a 4.25. Wow
Originally posted by mayo49:
I like Trufant. I say take him in the 2nd.

I like this Trufant, the other can go f**k himself
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Feb 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM ]
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
4.4 40-dash, 4 reps on bench, checkered past...if we take him, it better be a 5th

Agree. Did not look great in the backpedal/change-of-direction drill either. Corners who lack size need to make up for it with superior quickness and athleticism.

Must have been looking at a different player. He looked like one of the most smooth and fluid guys in the drills, and showed great ball skills (getting ball at it's highest point).

Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks)
Just to clarify, I think Mathieu has had a very good workout. Struggled on 1 flip drill. That was the only blemish. Excellent ball skills
(https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/306435927016873984)
Originally posted by valrod33:
4.4 40-dash, 4 reps on bench, checkered past...if we take him, it better be a 5th

Agree. Did not look great in the backpedal/change-of-direction drill either. Corners who lack size need to make up for it with superior quickness and athleticism.

Must have been looking at a different player. He looked like one of the most smooth and fluid guys in the drills, and showed great ball skills (getting ball at it's highest point).

Just to clarify, I think Mathieu has had a very good workout. Struggled on 1 flip drill. That was the only blemish. Excellent ball skills

That's what I thought I saw
Good speed by Phillip Thomas
Rhodes is a bit slow flippin his hips

-stomach growl
Steve Williams from Cal with a 4.25. Wow

4.42 official, but that's still pretty damn fast. More importantly (IMO) was his 1.46 10 yard split, meaning he's got a great initial burst and the kind of short area quickness that would be ideal for a slot CB (unlike the faster-than-quick, Carlos Rogers).
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:

That's what I thought I saw
Maybe I only saw the one flip drill where he struggled. Trying to watch NFLnetwork online in between law classes
GIVE ME TYRANN

FUTURE 49ER

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
4.42 official, but that's still pretty damn fast. More importantly (IMO) was his 1.46 10 yard split, meaning he's got a great initial burst and the kind of short area quickness that would be ideal for a slot CB (unlike the faster-than-quick, Carlos Rogers).

... and still not that fast...
Did Cyprien not run? I can't find his time anywhere. Thanks in advance
damn, i missed Rich Eisen's 40. how'd he do?
I'm wondering if any high draft prospects ease up a bit and show less because they don't want to be drafted by bad teams.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
I'm wondering if any high draft prospects ease up a bit and show less because they don't want to be drafted by bad teams.

And lose out on the potential for millions of dollars more on a contract????
Share 49ersWebzone