LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Combine thread

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Margus Hunt.....4.6 40 at 277 pounds......beastly, workout warrior status confirmed.

I think I'm buying in to this guy's hype. What I like about him is that he's still so raw and our defensive coaches and vet players would have a field day molding him into a beast as a 3-4 end. Probably won't be the pass rusher that Watt is, but would be an automatic run stuffer with how much ground he can cover. Aldon and Margus on one side in the future? That's CRAZY.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Margus Hunt.....4.6 40 at 277 pounds......beastly, workout warrior status confirmed.

His field work wasn't shabby either. Feet looked great, don't know about hips. Hips shouldn't be concern. Should be creeping up boards.

I now see why Mingo was rated so high. Wasn't real impressed with his game in those I watched.

Raising Hunt based on the combine is sketchy imho. He's the definition of a workout warrior in shorts. I'm not saying his measurables and drill performances aren't good, but I'm much more concerned with his ability to make plays with pads on.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This is sickening everything is about Te'o.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS

Manti Te'o, smaller than expected at 241, runs unofficially a 4.81 40.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I think I'm buying in to this guy's hype. What I like about him is that he's still so raw and our defensive coaches and vet players would have a field day molding him into a beast as a 3-4 end. Probably won't be the pass rusher that Watt is, but would be an automatic run stuffer with how much ground he can cover. Aldon and Margus on one side in the future? That's CRAZY.

Raw and 26 year old rookie don't go well together.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

This, he's going to fall down the draft boards alone on the basis that GM's won't want to deal with the circus that follows him everywhere.

Wait that Hunt guy is 26 years old? LOL f**k THAT GUY

It's a tv product the bigger the combine gets the more stroy lines NFLN will prop up to keep folks watching

Honestly, I don't think it matters at the position. At QB, sure. At WR, sure. But as a defensive end, he should still work out fine. Raw with all the intangibles, combined with a great coaching staff and surrounded by pro-bowl talent with a blue-collar mentality. I'll take that.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Honestly, I don't think it matters at the position. At QB, sure. At WR, sure. But as a defensive end, he should still work out fine. Raw with all the intangibles, combined with a great coaching staff and surrounded by pro-bowl talent with a blue-collar mentality. I'll take that.

So "raw" usually means a few years to make an impact so at 28-29 is when he will start to pay off....That matters.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:

It's a tv product the bigger the combine gets the more stroy lines NFLN will prop up to keep folks watching

Yah I guess so, but its just stupid how they mention him EVERY....SINGLE...FRICKIN....TIME!!!!
Originally posted by Jcool:

So "raw" usually means a few years to make an impact so at 28-29 is when he will start to pay off....That matters.

not at defensive end. at QB, yes. but hell, players now are adjusting so much faster than they used to (ahem ahem Kaepernick). the defensive end we'll be drafting won't be starting anyways. dunno why some of you folks are trashing the idea if he'll be backing up Justin Smith and Ray Mac at the start of their careers.
not at defensive end. at QB, yes. but hell, players now are adjusting so much faster than they used to (ahem ahem Kaepernick). the defensive end we'll be drafting won't be starting anyways. dunno why some of you folks are trashing the idea if he'll be backing up Justin Smith and Ray Mac at the start of their careers.

Yep and by the time he's ready to step in and replace Justin Smith, the 49ers will be looking for a replacement for him.

No thanks, Datone Jones is still the man.

Yep and by the time he's ready to step in and replace Justin Smith, the 49ers will be looking for a replacement for him.

No thanks, Datone Jones is still the man.

Ok, but you guys are all talking about looking for a replacement, but in your logic, it won't happen cuz Justin will be playing for another 4 years. If that's the case, more talented players will be available in the draft. Don't get your logic. We're looking for depth. Hunt could be the BPA if Datone is off the board.

the Raw part isaint whats so bothersome, the age is though,I like Hunt, but by the time we are ready to have him playing fulltime he would be close to 30.
Share 49ersWebzone