There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Combine thread

• buck
  • Veteran
just saw coverage of defensive line and linebackers on the bench.

They never mentioned Brandon Williams--talk of a snub.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Butter:
Wow, Hunt had 38 reps? With those long arms, that is pretty impressive. I still don't want him before the 4th round though.

Yes arm measurement 33 3/4.
Which defensive prospect has the longest arms? Whoever it is DRAFT HIM!!!!!

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Feb 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM ]
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Which defensive prospect has the longest arms? Whoever it is DRAFT HIM!!!!!

He definitely needs to bulk up a bit, but the natural length is definitely there, tons of potential.
Originally posted by bulldog54:
The buzz I'm hearing around here from the morning WR's are Austin from WVU (no surprise), Wheaton from OSU, Woods from USC and my draft crush Vernon from Duke

Robert Woods sure looked smooth and confident today. Really liked his body control and how he catches the football.
Guy from Duke displayed some hands kind of a Eric Decker type guy.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Wasn't necessarily arguing with anything you said in particular just trying to make a point. The position drills were much more informative to me because you get to see the guys make cuts and what not. If you can't make good cuts how are you going to be able to get to the second level and use that breakaway speed you showed at the 40?

Oh, no, I was only adding onto to what you said. We are in 100% agreement.
Just in case anyone cares don't know how well this guy is regarded but wanted to pass it along

@JasonLaCanfora

The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The Quinton Patton "fly lower under the radar" plan is working beautifully.

NO! NO! NO!. Couldn't resist. You a Bryan fan?
Just in case anyone cares don't know how well this guy is regarded but wanted to pass it along

@JasonLaCanfora

The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12

Whatever the deal is, it seem about 50% of people on the zone will be eating crow. The 2nd/3rd round pick crew (which I'm a part of) vs. the no better than a 4th round pick crew.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

@JasonLaCanfora

Whatever the deal is, it seem about 50% of people on the zone will be eating crow. The 2nd/3rd round pick crew (which I'm a part of) vs. the no better than a 4th round pick crew.

I say it's a 2nd/3rd.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2013 at 5:56 PM ]
Im impressed with tyler bray, robert woods, tavon austin, and conner vernon.
Originally posted by FastEddyD:
The buzz I'm hearing around here from the morning WR's are Austin from WVU (no surprise), Wheaton from OSU, Woods from USC and my draft crush Vernon from Duke

Robert Woods sure looked smooth and confident today. Really liked his body control and how he catches the football.
Guy from Duke displayed some hands kind of a Eric Decker type guy.

Woods far and away stands out from the bunch with everything he is doing. He completes his runs, he takes the right angles, he knows how to move and cut, he is under control, catches the ball and stays in bounds. He looks explosive, and is prepared mentally and physically.
Can't remember the top of any draft board as weak as this one appears headed. It seems like no one wants to go first overall,

Although Joeckel appears in the driver's seat, he certainly did not stand out as a dominating presence this weekend, like other OT who went first in the past (Pace, Long, etc.). Star suddenly has a heart issue and cannot even compete. Jarvis Jones has a medical issue with his vertebrae that might exclude him from many first round boards. Moore weighed in at 250 and put up a meager amount of reps. And, Geno Smith is inconsistent.

With that early first rounder, you really want guys to blow you away and check off all the boxes during the post season, starting with the bowl game, Senior Bowl practices, combine and campus workout. I am simply not seeing it from many guys right now. In the end, we may see a freaky draft year, where the second round picks match up, or even outperform their first round counterparts in the NFL. I believe the first round is that weak,

On offense, I only have 10 first round grades:
Joeckel
Fisher
Johnson
Terron Armstead (screw the forty time...watch the footwork drills..dude is a left tackle)
Warmack
Cooper (might be the best OL in this draft...again, the footwork and balance is brilliant)
Eifert
Austin
EJ Manuel
Lacy
Originally posted by Butter:
Originally posted by buck:
The big uglies on defense have started lifting.

So far, my boy Brandon Williams is tied with Margus Hunt for the lead with 38 reps.

Jessie Williams had 30. Datone Jones had 29.

Wow, Hunt had 38 reps? With those long arms, that is pretty impressive. I still don't want him before the 4th round though.

I do. I think he is going to be a star if hes drafted as a 4-3 DE. I think he will grow into a 3-4 beast with speed. You see the power. Coaching him to play with lower pad level, and hes going to be lifting tackles off their feet with those long arms. Hes my guy at #74